OnePlus 7

Gamer

Expert Member
care to post a link for guide to do this ?
Ja sure. I started here:

Summary:
Install: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.jroot3d.joneplustools
Run it and follow the prompts.
You will need to enable USB debugging in Developer options (enable Dev options first)
You will need to change the USB connection type to file transfer
Accept the connection on the device.

Download and extract ADB drivers: https://qc1.androidfilehost.com/dl/dJvy-9qqO616evJzL1U98A/1566548460/962187416754459552/minimal_adb_fastboot_1.4.3_portable.zip
Once extracted, double click the "cmd-here.exe" file to open a cmd prompt in the correct folder.

First cmd: adb devices

This should return a result that your device is found.

second cmd:
adb shell pm grant net.jroot3d.joneplustools android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS

The above cmd will allow you to use the features of the JOnePlus app.

Thereafter you can enable the call recording in the app and once that's enabled you can go into the stock dialler settings and enable it there.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Very nice!! Good job! I'v gone root and Boldbeast recorder. These OP devices are really easy to root! Oneplus is one of the only manufacturers I know off that openly endorses rooting. They make it as easy as possible!

The main reason I root these days - although not all of these require root necessarily:
1.) custom fonts
2.) viper4android
3.) boldbeast recorder
4.) youtube vance
5.) AirAudio streaming

Gamer

Expert Member
Right, so a little back tracking. My order arrived Monday. 1 x red and 1 x gray OP7. The red one was for my wife, she had no idea and I surprised her (she was running my old S7E). She was standing next to me when I opened the package and when I pulled out one of the phones, I said, nooooo, they've sent the wrong one, this one is red and I wanted the black. Dammit, this one must be for you then....huge points I tell you!!!

Anyway, both are setup and running beautifully, great phones!

lleytz13

Hey guys, so I'm new to the whole importing setup and have been going through all that you've been saying.

I signed up to Gearbest and received an email yesterday morning that the OP7 Pro - 8/256 version - is on sale. Total price including shipping and insurance is $685.88. How much am I looking at for customs and I assume everyone makes payment with PayPal?

P.S. so nice to finally find people in SA that actually have a good taste in phones

Cowboy619

Hey guys, so I'm new to the whole importing setup and have been going through all that you've been saying.

I signed up to Gearbest and received an email yesterday morning that the OP7 Pro - 8/256 version - is on sale. Total price including shipping and insurance is $685.88. How much am I looking at for customs and I assume everyone makes payment with PayPal?

P.S. so nice to finally find people in SA that actually have a good taste in phones
Usually 15% vat and 10% customs. My one order for my OnePlus total cost was R250. Sometimes it's a lucky packet. Between R600 and R2000 I have seen

Lebseven

I'm having a problem with Hotspot internet connection. i can create from my oneplus 7, connect a device but it has no internet connection. I have looked online for a solution but none resolved it.

reachme1983

I have brand new sealed oneplus pro devices available. I import them from India. Please pm me if anyone is interested. Thank you.

sand_man

Honorary Master
I'm having a problem with Hotspot internet connection. i can create from my oneplus 7, connect a device but it has no internet connection. I have looked online for a solution but none resolved it.
Maybe tethering hasn't been provisioned on your account?

Connor13

Hi Guys

Those who have the OnePlus 7 , what is the camera quality like ? Iv been watching a couple of reviews but always good to get some "real" thoughts .

Im considering either getting a OnePlus 7 or a Huawei P30 (Or maybe a Redmi K20 pro) currently ....

sand_man

Honorary Master
Hi Guys

Those who have the OnePlus 7 , what is the camera quality like ? Iv been watching a couple of reviews but always good to get some "real" thoughts .

Im considering either getting a OnePlus 7 or a Huawei P30 (Or maybe a Redmi K20 pro) currently ....
Excellent on the Pro. There's also very strong community support for the Gcam app so I actually run the Gcam module as my default camera app.

Having said that I think the P30 is probably the better shooter on paper...

bratwurst

Expert Member
Hi Guys

I'm not very impressed with it. Also tried various Gcam mods. Its not bad, but it's not good either. IMHO its not anywhere near other flagships. Only thing I miss about my pixel is the camera. Then again, price/value, one really can't complain about the 7 pro. Awesome device all around.

Pixel 4 seems to be getting a 90hz screen, then I'm hopping back onto the pixel wagon.

Connor13

And I have just joined the Oneplus 7 club :)

Got one for the wife as well , but after seeing mine she has said the display is too large for her ........ going back to her S10e :D

CUDlybunny

Expert Member
On the 7 pro I'd say the camera sensors are pretty good but the software is sub par. You get mixed results.
Gcam helps improve photos but many of the Gcam apks cause crashes. You can find more stable versions than others but as newer versions come out you inevitably experience issues.

The 4k 60fps video recording produces some decent results imo.