OnePlus 7

Lebseven

On the 12th of July I paid for a oneplus 7 256gb Grey on Gearbest cause they had a "flash sale" and their DHL was cheap at $16 and it was expected to be shipped on the 23rd July and someone in the forum had just received his. A week after the 23rd I contacted them I was told to expect it on the 1st of August, on the same date it was moved to the 8th of August.
I took back my money on the 1st, I did expect to wait but not that long and they kept moving the date. On the 1st of August I placed an order on Aliexpress shenzhen pophong store.
2nd August ready for shipping
3rd August picked up by DHL
4th August paid customs R651
6th I got it and it was expected to be delivered on the 7th.
Sorry for the bad pics

Attachments

Soprono

Expert Member
Similar headache with Gearbest on my last device I am waiting for. Placed the order for the 7 Pro Blue 8gb and have been waiting for them to have it shipped but the date keeps on moving out. It's been 3 weeks since I placed the order.

Anyways jumped onto the chat last night and got the device upgraded to the 12GB model which was an extra $90 and they refunded my DHL shipping cost which was only a few $$$ anyways.

Got the mail to pay the balance on confirmation of my upgrade request via PayPal and the device has shipped already early hours of this morning. Bit of a schlep but glad it's on its way since it's the only phone we waiting for in the family to get shipped.

Needless to say my father is extremely happy to have the biggest version of a phone in the range for the very first time and his bragging has already started

Lebseven

The first time I ordered from Gearbest I never got the phone but got covers and screen protector till they refunded me and i bought from takealot. I swore i would never order from Gearbest but couldn't pass the flash sale and cheaper DHL shipping.

Soprono

Expert Member
Seems like a very isolated issue.

Iv been extremely happy with them and the deliverables. Non the less it's always good to have other options out there :)

Gamer

Expert Member
On the 12th of July I paid for a oneplus 7 256gb Grey on Gearbest cause they had a "flash sale" and their DHL was cheap at $16 and it was expected to be shipped on the 23rd July and someone in the forum had just received his. A week after the 23rd I contacted them I was told to expect it on the 1st of August, on the same date it was moved to the 8th of August.
I took back my money on the 1st, I did expect to wait but not that long and they kept moving the date. On the 1st of August I placed an order on Aliexpress shenzhen pophong store.
2nd August ready for shipping
3rd August picked up by DHL
4th August paid customs R651
6th I got it and it was expected to be delivered on the 7th.
Sorry for the bad pics
Thanks again for this, I also cancelled my order with GB and have ordered 1 x grey and 1 x red OP7 along with some covers and screen protectors from these guys (ASP).

PaddyTM

2x OnePlus 7 (1xred, 1xgrey)
Ordered from GearBest on 31/07/2019

Got the shipping notice last night 09/08/2019

Not sure if I've missed this in the thread, but here's a tip I realised too late:
If you're buying a 7, and not the Pro, order your cases etc from Amazon.co.uk, not Amazon.com.

'Cos the 7 is not available in the US, much more variety in the .co.uk.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
He just messaged me. Looking for a pair in CPT to shoot an advert; if anyone's there :)
Ah, that's disappointing. Thought it would be more hands-off than that.

He also messaged me almost instantly. Said that the original Bullets would do as a last resort if they couldn't find more recent products available.

PaddyTM

2x OnePlus 7 (1xred, 1xgrey)
Ordered from GearBest on 31/07/2019

Got the shipping notice last night 09/08/2019

Not sure if I've missed this in the thread, but here's a tip I realised too late:
If you're buying a 7, and not the Pro, order your cases etc from Amazon.co.uk, not Amazon.com.

'Cos the 7 is not available in the US, much more variety in the .co.uk.
Gearbest for some reason split my order into 2x separate orders.
Both are scheduled to reach SA customs tonight (13 Aug).
The customs process is R695.85 per phone (Vat & Duties R545.85, Disbursement R150)

PaddyTM

Gearbest for some reason split my order into 2x separate orders.
Both are scheduled to reach SA customs tonight (13 Aug).
The customs process is R695.85 per phone (Vat & Duties R545.85, Disbursement R150)
And it's been delivered.

Does anyone have any idea what the going price is for a second-hand 3T?

Gamer

Expert Member
My order has been waiting for 2 days to be collected/begin shipping... :thumbsdown:

Soprono

Expert Member
hehe, shot, i have no doubt it'll happen, frustrating it could/should have been here by end of this week but now looks more like middle next week or so.
Still unlikely :) just a preview of my latest shipments to give you an idea. It also took 2 days to ship out from HK and was delivered on the 13th.

Gamer

Expert Member
Thanks, based on the above, it may actually be collected now and will reflect later on.