OnePlus 7

fuoe_12

Made the leap from the OP3T Midnight black edition to the OP7 Pro, & I must say, what a monster! Everything is as advertised & reviewed by the tech junkies, absolutely superb.

Just a few minor personal gripes to share:

- coming from a 3T, the haptic feedback takes some getting used to. Feels a bit weird in the hand, & at first I thought something was broken inside!
- my fingers tend to uncomfortably hit against the bottom edge of the screen protector when using the navigation gestures, since a swipe up from the very very bottom of the screen is required for the different actions (back, home & recent apps). Had to resort back to using onscreen navigation buttons instead, which sacrifices a bit of screen estate
- pictures taken with the main camera lens indoors (in normal mode) sometimes have an overly yellowish hue on some objects.

Again, those are personal issues, and the phone as a whole is awesome.

Oh, the greatest surprise for me was USB 3.1! No lags or jitters whatsoever when using a USB-C to HDMI adapter to connect the phone to HD devices.

All in all, well done OnePlus!

sand_man

Honorary Master
Just a few minor personal gripes to share:

- coming from a 3T, the haptic feedback takes some getting used to. Feels a bit weird in the hand, & at first I thought something was broken inside! once you get used to it there's no turning back. You can disable it if it's not to your liking.
- my fingers tend to uncomfortably hit against the bottom edge of the screen protector when using the navigation gestures, since a swipe up from the very very bottom of the screen is required for the different actions (back, home & recent apps). Had to resort back to using onscreen navigation buttons instead, which sacrifices a bit of screen estate Yeah, I experience the same and have used gestures since the 5T. Persevere though. Once you get used to gestures there's no turning back (a bit like haptic feedback).
- pictures taken with the main camera lens indoors (in normal mode) sometimes have an overly yellowish hue on some objects. Do yourself a favour and install the Google cam apk. Once you use the Google cam app there's no tur..... You know the drill by now...

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-arnova8G2/

Again, those are personal issues, and the phone as a whole is awesome.

Oh, the greatest surprise for me was USB 3.1! No lags or jitters whatsoever when using a USB-C to HDMI adapter to connect the phone to HD devices.

All in all, well done OnePlus!
It's a blimming fantastic phone!! Absolutely can't put mine down!! Huge upgrade for you coming from the 3T!! You must be super stoked with it...

I can't find too much wrong with it right now. I have had a few apps crash on me, apps that have been historically rock solid.

I also had a random incident where the proximity sensor flashed wildly until I restarted the device. I thought I might have a model effected by ghost touch but hasn't happened since and I installed CPU-Z to try and replicate the enigma, but could not.

Undoubtedly my biggest gripe is the in-call earpiece volume. I'm finding it a bit weak!!

Other than, wonderful phone! Really competent all rounder and an absolute joy to use!

sand_man

Honorary Master
Gees, so weird but as I pressed enter on my post I got an incoming call and yes, it sounded muffled and unclear but I just shifted the handset over a bit against my ear and the sound improved significantly! Seems I've literally been holding it wrong!! :D The sweet spot is definitely not in the center... Mr Venter...

fuoe_12

It's a blimming fantastic phone!! Absolutely can't put mine down!! Huge upgrade for you coming from the 3T!! You must be super stoked with it...

I can't find too much wrong with it right now. I have had a few apps crash on me, apps that have been historically rock solid.

I also had a random incident where the proximity sensor flashed wildly until I restarted the device. I thought I might have a model effected by ghost touch but hasn't happened since and I installed CPU-Z to try and replicate the enigma, but could not.

Undoubtedly my biggest gripe is the in-call earpiece volume. I'm finding it a bit weak!!

Other than, wonderful phone! Really competent all rounder and an absolute joy to use!
Awesome, will give that gcam mod a shot! Thanks a mil :thumbsup::thumbsup:

sand_man

Honorary Master
I couple of times now Ive thought the phone is spazzing out on me but actually it's because I'm inadvertently touching the curved screen with the wrong hand.

Soprono

Expert Member
Finally we have had successful delivery of our phones, pending one more. Took some time to get "back in stock" but DHL moved super quick. Here is a summary of my orders with them for anyone's reference and customs guideline.

OnePlus 7 Black - Ordered 06/07/2019 - Shipped 10/07/2019 - Customs R454 - Delivered 15/07/2019
OnePlus 7 Pro Black - Ordered 16/07/2019 - Shipped 23/07/2019 - Customs R750 - Delivered 30/07/2019
OnePlus 7 Pro Gold - Ordered 16/07/2019 - Shipped 22/07/2019 - Customs R750 - Delivered 31/07/2019
OnePlus 7 Pro Blue - Ordered 16/07/2019 - Still Pending Shipment due to Stock Issues

Gamer

Expert Member
Hey guys, planning on jumping on the OP7 train. Last OP I had was the first one, OPO, loved it. Can I get some advice please on importing. I'm not unfamiliar with DIY imports, but it's been a while since I've brought in a phone (and I've never bought one from China before). I see Gearbest is recommended. If I'm wanting to go for the std OP7 (not pro), I'm assuming this is the right version please:
https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_009591521059.html?wid=1349303

There's only one shipping option (Expedited), will that be via DHL?

Thank you very much :)

Soprono

Expert Member
Hey guys, planning on jumping on the OP7 train. Last OP I had was the first one, OPO, loved it. Can I get some advice please on importing. I'm not unfamiliar with DIY imports, but it's been a while since I've brought in a phone (and I've never bought one from China before). I see Gearbest is recommended. If I'm wanting to go for the std OP7 (not pro), I'm assuming this is the right version please:
https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_009591521059.html?wid=1349303

There's only one shipping option (Expedited), will that be via DHL?

Thank you very much :)
100% shipping is via DHL only there. They seem to limit that for the more expensive stuff.

All accessories I ordered came with Buffalo which was also great and got delivered to my door with 0 customs.

The DHL option was great. DHL mail you before the parcel arrives with the customs documents and a link in the email to pay for the shipping fees on their payment portal. It was as easy as paying and waiting for the shipment to arrive at your door. Super efficient and really easy.

Gettting the item to ship was the longest part but once picked up by DHL it was delivered within 7 days from HK.

CUDlybunny

Expert Member
It's shipped fast with DHL. You can expect them to charge you an extra R750 or so I think.

All models of the oneplus 7 have identical hardware likewise the pro variants and so can all easily be unlocked and flashed to any compatible roms.

I only know of T-mobile in the US that offer these devices on contracts and lock the bootloader and and restrict them to single sim use. Even those devices can be flashed for dual sim unlocked global use. There is no wrong version. The Chinese region devices have hydrogen os which has English and can be updated to oxygen os through the phones settings menu, made super easy by oneplus devs.

Gearbest will include an adapter for the charger but it needs a wide round 2 pin that you usually find 1 of in a big power strip.

Gearbest took a couple weeks to actually receive stock of my device but once it was actually shipped it was fast, like 3 days to reach your door. I got an email on a Saturday to pay for the DHL fees and by Sunday they unexpectedly delivered it.

Gamer

Expert Member
Thanks guys, I've placed an order a few minutes ago, looking forward to getting it!

Soprono

Expert Member
Eish.
At the current Trump to Ramaphoza rate and the Hong Kong toyi toyi...
This might be a long pricey wait.
Have 0 idea actually what this is supposed to mean but business goes on regardless of these things. The only wait the OP will get is for stock to arrive

Leisure Larry

Have 0 idea actually what this is supposed to mean but business goes on regardless of these things. The only wait the OP will get is for stock to arrive
Check the news. Hong Kong is on a halt as of this morning. Gearbest global handsets ship from Hong Kong.

Gamer

Expert Member
So I've just read that these phones are the chinese versions - at least the one I ordered (GM1900 model).
Q1: I'm assuming the bands are all compatible with local bands?
https://willmyphonework.net/ doesn't break down different models of the OP7.

Q2: Dual sim...I've read one thread that said dual sim doesn't work (source) outside China. This would be a deal breaker for me, again, I'm assuming this is not the case with these phones? Can anyone confirm please?

I note the description says "Unlocked for Worldwide use."...

Thanks.

Soprono

Expert Member
So I've just read that these phones are the chinese versions - at least the one I ordered (GM1900 model).
Q1: I'm assuming the bands are all compatible with local bands?
https://willmyphonework.net/ doesn't break down different models of the OP7.

Q2: Dual sim...I've read one thread that said dual sim doesn't work (source) outside China. This would be a deal breaker for me, again, I'm assuming this is not the case with these phones? Can anyone confirm please?

I note the description says "Unlocked for Worldwide use."...

Thanks.
My mother's is working perfectly fine with the dual MTN and Rain cards.

Haven't done anything funny with it besides update to the latest OS on arrival.

Gamer

Expert Member
My mother's is working perfectly fine with the dual MTN and Rain cards.

Haven't done anything funny with it besides update to the latest OS on arrival.
Thanks again Soprono, since my post I did some reading back on this thread and did see a picture of one of your phones that was a GM1900, so I figured all would be okay. Thanks for confirming.

Soprono

Expert Member
Thanks again Soprono, since my post I did some reading back on this thread and did see a picture of one of your phones that was a GM1900, so I figured all would be okay. Thanks for confirming.
No problem bud :)

DBRAND skins arrived today too along with the Grip case and I think I found my fav case so far :)

CUDlybunny

Expert Member
No problem bud :)

DBRAND skins arrived today too along with the Grip case and I think I found my fav case so far :)

Sweet. I got a dbrand skin that I'll install tomorrow. Can't recommend them enough, ship so fast with aramex and they give you free shipping after a certain amount spend.

Gamer

Expert Member
I saw this this morning and had to have a laugh, considering I ordered my OP7 yesterday...

I am well aware it may take a while to get here, it's not mission critical as I'm running a good device now, but I am definitely looking forward to getting it. If the pricing stays the same and customs turns out to be roughly what's been indicated here, I'll get another one for my wife.

67540898_2869632229718934_1917238938116816896_n.jpg