Openweb 4MB/S Uncapped GOLD Feedback / query

ace_rizzle

Hi all.

Apologies in advance because I know that there's already some information about the GOLD accounts in the openweb feedback thread. However, it's hard to keep track of those posts specific to my interests because I find too many people commenting without stating their line speed / account specifications.

Have been on MWEB 4MB/S Uncapped for about 6 weeks now. I live in the CBD of Cape Town with an excellent line that can max itself out if so required. I primarily use NZB's to download my downloadables, averaging about 100GB per month. Nothing too excessive IMHO. As of late, newsgroup access has been completely destroyed by MWEB and their THROTTLING (unfortunately the term 'shaping' is a euphemism in this particular case) i.e. downloading at 50KB/s at very off-peak times (11:30 p.m for example).

I can no longer justify paying MWEB for a service that does not meet my needs / expectations. I have been looking at the Openweb GOLD 4MB/s - R738/m, and from various sources have been informed the account operates in a semi-shaped way with supposed fullish line speeds on all protocols after hours (like Axxess Uncapped Express). Is that correct to assume or have I been mislead?

Anyone who is currently on that package who could provide feedback on their experiences? Peak & off-peak torrents / HTTP / newsgroups? PLEASE only Openweb Gold 4MB/s subscribers please!

tl;dr - what is your experience on Openweb Uncapped Gold 4MB/s ?

pARTY_pIRATE

Openweb Uncapped Gold 4MB/s since 1 May.

Torrents are permanently shaped at around 50kB/s down (occasionally gets to 100 or 200 kB/s, but its very intermittent). Uploading unshaped 24/7. No difference after hours or on the weekends.
I do not use newsgroups/NZBs so I can't comment.
HTTP gets full line speed almost 24/7

Traffic since May 1:
Total (up and down): +/- 500 gigs
Torrents: 90 gigs down, 50 gigs up.
HTTP: +/- 350 gigs down

No comparison with the IS based uncapped account I had last month. I am staying with this product for at least another month or two as torrents are not my main requirement at the moment.
Last month I must have emailed Keoma over 15 times regarding my shi**y account. This month I have not had to contact him once since receiving my account details. Every user has different needs, and I am happy to pay a premium for a product that matches mine.

Optimal01

Amped to try out the gold product, but how the heck did you get on it?
I dont see it on the openweb page

Optimal01

can i upgrade now!? for extra R100 il sign up
just waiting for Mr Beep to confirm because iv seen that only 384/512 is on gold

ace_rizzle

Going to give it a bash folks. Will keep this thread updated with my experiences. To hell with mweb, their draconian shaping and weekly "seacom" issues.