p2p on Neotel

cozinsky

Expert Member
I get conflicting views on the possibility of p2p on the Neotel network, therefore I decided to start a dedicated thread. I have an uncapped Neoconnect prime account. In my view, p2p is not possible on Neotel, period. Even though they may state that all their ports are open, it is not the case. Any neotel subscriber can test it for himself at this link http://www.utorrent.com/testport.php?port=21 . I entered all the most popular port locations, but it is all blocked. It is therefore not possible to forward ports to allow for p2p. I believe they have blocked these ports as they don't want their network to be bogged down. So unless someone can prove otherwise and tell us how to do it, p2p is not allowed on Neotel.

Alchemist

Expert Member
I get conflicting views on the possibility of p2p on the Neotel network, therefore I decided to start a dedicated thread. I have an uncapped Neoconnect prime account. In my view, p2p is not possible on Neotel, period. Even though they may state that all their ports are open, it is not the case. Any neotel subscriber can test it for himself at this link http://www.utorrent.com/testport.php?port=21 . I entered all the most popular port locations, but it is all blocked. It is therefore not possible to forward ports to allow for p2p. I believe they have blocked these ports as they don't want their network to be bogged down. So unless someone can prove otherwise and tell us how to do it, p2p is not allowed on Neotel.

i'm guess you've also configured your firewall to accept those ports too? Just trying to eliminate all the possibilities :D

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
There was another thread where someone was complaining of slow speeds using p2p on Neotel.

The reason was that the Neotel device doesn't allow the forwarding of ports.

Have you actually tried to download a well seeded torrent?

Vegeta

Executive Member
I just want to be the first to say it! SUCKS to be you big time :p early adoptor FTW!

While i'm at it telkom sux, sa sux the world sux and you all suck :p