Password stealing virus

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Password stealing virus

MicroWorld has reported an alarming increase in the number of infections caused by the ZBot-D Trojan. The ZBot-D Trojan also known as ZBot, first surfaced in February, 2008 and mostly spreads via e-mails.

Tns

Executive Member
just another reason for a antivirus thats up up date!

.Froot.

Executive Member
If the trojan does manage to get onto my well secured computer and if it does some how manage to get into WINE, I can't see what damage it can do.... hee hee. Most likely the trojan will stop at my computer and think, "WTF? Linux? Damn......"

Vie

Call me cynical, but why do I feel like I just read an advertisement for MicroWorld's products?

Viruses/trojans that have keyloggers built-in.... not new.
Viruses/trojans that propogate via email.... not new.
Viruses/trojans that create havoc.... not new.
Viruses/trojans that create botnets.... not new.
Viruses/trojans that cause lots of spam.... not new.

Where's the news?

"Users with eScan installed on their systems and MailScan on their mail servers need not fear the ZBot Trojan, as eScan and MailScan are well-equipped to identify and remove the ZBot Trojan effectively."

As are the users who use quite a few of the other antivirus packages from other companies I'm sure.

.Froot.

Executive Member
Who cares about the news? This is fun... hearing about yet another trojan or virus destroying all the Windows-running pcs....

superfly

Yet ANOTHER virus/trojan/etc article that fails to mention that this is WINDOWS-ONLY.

dablakmark8

Honorary Master
Those black hatters will one day soon get bored of windows and go to the next os..lol

AirWolf

Honorary Master
I've got a Smoothwall at work to keep the nasties away from the windows machines:D.