PC Link Computers: Legit?

airborne

Honorary Master
So I reported my issue to cgso.co.za on the 15th March 2022.
Yesterday got a reply with this feedback from this "Dehan Williams" dumbass:

"Good day.
The client placed a order the 10th of Feb.
my delivery is max 45 working days.
Therefor i can not process a refund for the client.
Cancelling the order will result in a handling fee."

So they even lie to say I placed the order on 10 FEB when a invoice easily shows 10 Jan.

What inbred bunch are these clowns at PC Link?

"My delivery is max 45 working days"?!
And now this "handling fee" BS?!

These failed "human beings" easily pocketed probably couple R100k already. Should all should be locked up

What is cgso.co.za, their payment gateway, what was their response when you called bs on the order date?

The 45 days sounds like it's engineered to put them right on the chargeback limit, if I remember correctly the vendor has 45 days to deliver before a chargeback can be opened.

But whatever it is they aren't planning on delivering in any case, that reply is just bs stalling for time.

b1scu1t

What is cgso.co.za, their payment gateway, what was their response when you called bs on the order date?

The 45 days sounds like it's engineered to put them right on the chargeback limit, if I remember correctly the vendor has 45 days to deliver before a chargeback can be opened.

But whatever it is they aren't planning on delivering in any case, that reply is just bs stalling for time.
Sorry my bad! I made a mistake in the URL yesterday. Fixed.
Consumer Goods & Services Ombud.

I sent a lengthy reply just now to the Complaints Administrator who sent me Dehan's response and attached replies via email from a "Dustin" at PC Link where he said on 8 March 2022 that he is "looking on to the order and refund as we speack[sic] and will have feedback shortly" AND that he "submitted a refund request as there is no date for new stock".

I attached the original invoice which obviously shows 10 Jan as the order date and so it's been like 74 days total and 54 working days.

I'm honestly not sure if these people at PC Link Shop are a bit special in the head?
I mean, claiming 10 Feb is either 1. a lie, which would be a -200 IQ move because does the guy not know that dates are shown on invoices and the client received an invoice upon purchase? or 2. a mistake, which would not imply anything positive as it's not the time to make any kind of mistake. When things escalate like this, you make 100% sure of your facts.

I can't figure out how this dude figured claiming 10 Feb would be a good attempt at covering their asses:ROFL:

So I'll be waiting to hear back from them.

Last edited:

b1scu1t

There's even a Facebook page dedicated to creating awareness about this scam company :oops:
Apparently they closed their shop in Kyalami on 11 March.

airborne

Honorary Master
Sorry my bad! I made a mistake in the URL yesterday. Fixed.
Consumer Goods & Services Ombud.

I sent a lengthy reply just now to the Complaints Administrator who sent me Dehan's response and attached replies via email from a "Dustin" at PC Link where he said on 8 March 2022 that he is "looking on to the order and refund as we speack[sic] and will have feedback shortly" AND that he "submitted a refund request as there is no date for new stock".

I attached the original invoice which obviously shows 10 Jan as the order date and so it's been like 74 days total and 54 working days.

I'm honestly not sure if these people at PC Link Shop are a bit special in the head?
I mean, claiming 10 Feb is either 1. a lie, which would be a -200 IQ move because does the guy not know that dates are shown on invoices and the client received an invoice upon purchase? or 2. a mistake, which would not imply anything positive as it's not the time to make any kind of mistake. When things escalate like this, you make 100% sure of your facts.

I can't figure out how this dude figured claiming 10 Feb would be a good attempt at covering their asses:ROFL:

So I'll be waiting to hear back from them.
Lying adds confusion, now you need to prove it and it becomes your word against theirs, deny deny deny.

These guys know the game, put speed bumps everywhere, make getting the refund as hard as possible, most people will give up and let it slide and those that waste countless hours and emotional energy on it will eventually get their refund while these idiots just sit there and lol.

They are scammers no doubt about it, honest people with genuine problems communicate they don't leave their customers in the dark.

100% scam.

Def-e-nition

So I reported my issue to cgso.co.za cgso.org.za (Edit: mistake in URL) on the 15th March 2022.
Yesterday got a reply with this feedback from this "Dehan Williams" dumbass:

"Good day.
The client placed a order the 10th of Feb.
my delivery is max 45 working days.
Therefor i can not process a refund for the client.
Cancelling the order will result in a handling fee."

So they even lie to say I placed the order on 10 FEB when a invoice easily shows 10 Jan.

What inbred bunch are these clowns at PC Link?

"My delivery is max 45 working days"?!
And now this "handling fee" BS?!

These failed "human beings" easily pocketed probably couple R100k already. Should all should be locked up
This is very troubling, worrysome ,of the highest degree.
i'm angry.Mad as hell. My son is only 17 years old. when he decided to purchase , i had no idea where from . Delighted he'd come right when I heard it was locally thankfully.
Or did he .

The google reviews got me nervous AF . Then i stumbled on hello peter , and things just made my stomach churn . I told payfast There was no way they'd be able to make contact with them :i am not going to let this rest .
i will make the owners life a living hell if i have to , by means of a Forensic auditor :anything I can throw at him , for all the discomfort he might have indirectly caused through his online spree. It is completely unacceptable that after more than 700+ violently angry dissatisifed purchasers , This guy is not able to figure out they 1:Either cannot handle the flow of traffic hitting them (but seem more than happy to accept payments ..) , or 2 : perhaps manned up and simply communicated in some way , wasnt acting as dodgey AF by not having phone details,it would help put clients at ease .instead: Nothing .
Direct access, other than to drive up To Roodeport ( sounds completely normal ,yea...)and get into a dispute with someone working there, that your order refund is not forthcoming .
Complete bullshit that one has to keep your end of the bargain , but them , not .
Any reasonable delay , followed up by means of an e mail , would dissolve Many( but not all ), disgruntled disputes. On their current trajectory, shoppers are left absolutely gutted that after weeks, months, these clowns are STILL taking on new orders, without even bothering to complete or fulfill current and prior obligations for clients in the months prior to now .

MY son fell dismally silent after they failed to meet THEIR deadline date of delivery , and after trying several times to reach them, he has given up hope on ever getting his order, or refund . it was only after i contacted payfast , that an e mail magically appeared in my inbox from them , something about them asking an agent to make contact with me regarding my order .
Kindly note I have requested a support agent make contact with you regarding your order
Thank you

Kind Regards
Garth Botha

Once bitten , twice shy. My son might have learnt an expensive lesson : i would just have felt better if it was some online thief from paraguay or nigeria, rather than a South african From gauteng. Damnit. There goes my saturday .

b1scu1t

This is very troubling, worrysome ,of the highest degree.
i'm angry.Mad as hell. My son is only 17 years old. when he decided to purchase , i had no idea where from . Delighted he'd come right when I heard it was locally thankfully.
Or did he .

The google reviews got me nervous AF . Then i stumbled on hello peter , and things just made my stomach churn . I told payfast There was no way they'd be able to make contact with them :i am not going to let this rest .
i will make the owners life a living hell if i have to , by means of a Forensic auditor :anything I can throw at him , for all the discomfort he might have indirectly caused through his online spree. It is completely unacceptable that after more than 700+ violently angry dissatisifed purchasers , This guy is not able to figure out they 1:Either cannot handle the flow of traffic hitting them (but seem more than happy to accept payments ..) , or 2 : perhaps manned up and simply communicated in some way , wasnt acting as dodgey AF by not having phone details,it would help put clients at ease .instead: Nothing .
Direct access, other than to drive up To Roodeport ( sounds completely normal ,yea...)and get into a dispute with someone working there, that your order refund is not forthcoming .
Complete bullshit that one has to keep your end of the bargain , but them , not .
Any reasonable delay , followed up by means of an e mail , would dissolve Many( but not all ), disgruntled disputes. On their current trajectory, shoppers are left absolutely gutted that after weeks, months, these clowns are STILL taking on new orders, without even bothering to complete or fulfill current and prior obligations for clients in the months prior to now .

MY son fell dismally silent after they failed to meet THEIR deadline date of delivery , and after trying several times to reach them, he has given up hope on ever getting his order, or refund . it was only after i contacted payfast , that an e mail magically appeared in my inbox from them , something about them asking an agent to make contact with me regarding my order .
Kindly note I have requested a support agent make contact with you regarding your order
Thank you

Kind Regards
Garth Botha

Once bitten , twice shy. My son might have learnt an expensive lesson : i would just have felt better if it was some online thief from paraguay or nigeria, rather than a South african From gauteng. Damnit. There goes my saturday .
That sucks! Having that happen at 17 years with what money one was able to save up is tough.
But the massive issue with this is that it's not a new company that opened recently where everyone is more suspicious of a new site's legitimacy. Myself, like probably many others are returning customers and I've bought from them quite a few times before.
In what world does anyone ever think to check the legitimacy of a shop every single time before a purchase.:confused:

Every shop will experiencing hickups and rack up some complaints, and that's where even this shop was at when I first bought from them couple of years ago.
But after years of successful service, at what point did these guys decide to turn criminal?? Their behaviour shows these aren't not isolated incidents or just the odd bad experience, oversight or bump in the road here and there. They're actively taking money and then lying to or avoiding everyone.
It's not like they don't realize or know that they're defrauding customers.
They know they're accepting payments but orders and refunds aren't being fulfilled and they're dodging and lying to keep it going.

And the biggest question is, at what point will authorities or anyone step in to investigate this place?
If there's anything more the we as consumers can do to get this place reported and investigated, I'm sure all the people would like to know. There are lots of pissed off people out there.

rajeshmohunlal

oh crap... wish i saw this post before i placed an order. placed an order for over 18k on the 23/03/2022 from the co.za site. the equipment said in stock. shipping stated 1-2 business days.

holding thumbs they actually send my stuff.

b1scu1t

oh crap... wish i saw this post before i placed an order. placed an order for over 18k on the 23/03/2022 from the co.za site. the equipment said in stock. shipping stated 1-2 business days.

holding thumbs they actually send my stuff.

Did you pay with credit card?

Depending on the payment method you could still have options.

Impala

Have any of you considered instituting Small Claims Court proceedings?

EDIT: Some of the forms for the SCC, including a letter of demand.

Last edited:

rajeshmohunlal

Have any of you considered instituting Small Claims Court proceedings?

If i do not receive my order by Wednesday ( Probably wont) i will speak to a lawyer good thing i have a policy in place for these things. but the process could take a very long time ( Guessing here)

my emails have been ignored by PC Link just like many others

Impala

If i do not receive my order by Wednesday ( Probably wont) i will speak to a lawyer good thing i have a policy in place for these things. but the process could take a very long time ( Guessing here)

my emails have been ignored by PC Link just like many others
There is no need for a lawyer to represent you in the Small Claims Court (SCC), however, if you know of a lawyer that can assist you in preparing your case, by all means, do it.
The time frame will be around 1 - 3 months, depending on the SCC court roll in your area, and if there is a settlement between the plaintiff and defendant.

rajeshmohunlal

There is no need for a lawyer to represent you in the Small Claims Court (SCC), however, if you know of a lawyer that can assist you in preparing your case, by all means, do it.
The time frame will be around 1 - 3 months, depending on the SCC court roll in your area, and if there is a settlement between the plaintiff and defendant.
thanks for your advise on this. will be defiantly going down this route. just curious if anyone else have dont this with PC link. from all the threads online they are robbing a hell of a lot of people.

Devin_Ashpole

I know they have "two" shops, one for local and one for international. I've bought a few things from the local one and collected the orders within two or three days. No issues so far at least.

airborne

Honorary Master
I know they have "two" shops, one for local and one for international. I've bought a few things from the local one and collected the orders within two or three days. No issues so far at least.
But from what I can make out both "shops" are now closed, so even if you order from the local website you are going to be screwed?

Devin_Ashpole

I went to their shop in Florida Glen on 24th (which is a house) and it was open? Bought an Epson Ecotank L4160 from them for the office.

Intox

I went to their shop in Florida Glen on 24th (which is a house) and it was open? Bought an Epson Ecotank L4160 from them for the office.
Good to hear that someone had a good recent experience with them although I must say that's indeed very surprising as the reports on hello peter and on here are having quite a different experience. Hello Peter
Items marked as 2-3 days delivery turns into over a month just to process. Coupled with almost daily reviews of waiting weeks with no delivery.
Ordered stock in October 2021
In Feb 2022 I requested estmated delivery date and were informed they cannot deliver and a refund will be processed. Nothing to date in spite of numerous emails.

This person had to go there in Feb just to 2 of his 3 items and they basically told him every excuse in the book.
From the Facebook group there is confirmation that the retail shop is closed down https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10159679859936508&set=p.10159679859936508&type=3

Right here in this thread, this post here claims they lied in their response to the Ombud Office with regards to the order date.
They completely stopped replying or posting on carbonite Nov 3 2021 multiple people in that thread struggled to get refunds.

As they say, where there's smoke, there's fire , and in this case there is a whole lot of smoke around PC Link