PC not starting after replacing case fans ?

Royalmotionless

My 3 year old case fans that came with the case stopped working so I went and bought 3 new fans and literally unplugged the old ones and plugged in the new ones but my pc starts up and doesn't show any picture it keeps starting and restart ever 30 seconds on average

I've replaced thermal paste , I've tried unplugging all the new fans and starting it , I've tried 1 ram stick at a time , I've unplugged all the hard drives besides my ssd that has windows on it but nothing I do works has anyone had this problem or knows how I could solve this issue

My ram , psu and motherboard are all just on a year old I doubt anything is faulty but I don't know if you guy could help I'd really appreciate it

Thanks

The Jam

Honorary Master
Unplug everything from the Mobo except power, VGA and 1 stick of RAM (i.e. all SATA, unnecessary cards, etc.). Check all those cables on the Mobo and make sure they're all seated well (unplug and reseat if necessary) - especially auxilliary power if there are any. Unplug PSU from the wall for 10 seconds, then reseat it and try switch on with the bare minimum.

Is it on-board RAM or PCIe card?

sajunky

Honorary Master
Judging from your description, you made a short while connecting fans.
Disconnect new fans and try again. As you made more changes over the time, it is now more difficult, as any these changes can add more trouble to the problem.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
Judging from your description, you made a short while connecting fans.
Disconnect new fans and try again. As you made more changes over the time, it is now more difficult, as any these changes can add more trouble to the problem.

Think so too.

@OP did you unplug the power cable before you did this?

eg2505

Honorary Master
as above, id check my Mobo isnt contacting the metal of the casing,

Fox1

Executive Member
Had an MSI board do the same. Resetting the CMOS did help.

veggie_mane

Is there a fan plugged into the CPU fan header? If there's nothing plugged into that header you wont be able to boot into windows.