Pitso: Apartheid still divides our blacks

rambo919

Executive Member
I'm not making and changing the claims you are.
No, you are most obviously misrepresenting my claims, making strawmen everywhere and pidgin strutting like you actually achieved anything.

EADC

Executive Member
Myth, at the time many preferred speaking afrikaans to english depending on the context. Apparently Afrikaans is superior for love poetry.... and other love related things.
Yes, some did, those that did not were in danger of getting necklaced for being "traitors".
No, you are most obviously misrepresenting my claims, making strawmen everywhere and pidgin strutting like you actually achieved anything.
Nope you purely changing your claim from one post to the next.

gamer16

Honorary Master
Because duh, on the whole, black people in SA speak English a hell of a lot better than they do Afrikaans. Hence it adds an extra layer of difficulty.

Would you rather be taught physics in English, or in Japanese since they are both not your first language anyway?
This is a problem with the people, not the language.

rambo919

Executive Member
Nope you purely changing your claim from one post to the next.
Are you trying to get me to call you stupid?

Responses to two obviously different things

many preferred speaking afrikaans

some protested against it

which of these statements (addressing completely different things) meant "all"?

HunterNW

Honorary Master
Because duh, on the whole, black people in SA speak English a hell of a lot better than they do Afrikaans. Hence it adds an extra layer of difficulty.

Would you rather be taught physics in English, or in Japanese since they are both not your first language anyway?
MMM, had 9 black people in my class this week. 3 Didn't speak English. Fokol. And more than half replied in Afrikaans. Good Afrikaans.

rambo919

Executive Member
MMM, had 9 black people in my class this week. 3 Didn't speak English. Fokol. And more than half replied in Afrikaans. Good Afrikaans.
What are their names? We must have.... meetings with them to sort out this..... misunderstanding.

Sollie

Executive Member
*goalposts screeching*

Now we've gone from it not making any difference to what type of government you have.

Also lol at people preferring it at the time. And here I thought they protested against learning in Afrikaans to the point of getting shot.
There were two wars ongoing at the same time and sheeple were, well, sheeple. Your heroes chose the wrong side. I commented on that elsewhere yesterday.

Perhaps you should get your Uncle Carl to teach you our history. Ask him about the bad things from his perspective. Also ask him to teach you how to plant a nun, it was a speciality of their group, so you have an opportunity to learn from an expert. Then also ask him about places like Quatro camp, such a great humanitarian refugee camp for those who dared oppose them. Oh, and while you're at it, also ask him what a good guy Zuma is.

To clarify the bolded portion: Actually they were protesting whatever they were told to protest against, or else ...

Knyro

PhD in Everything
You were the one making it an issue of preference.
Don't be stupid. Obviously you'd prefer learning in the language you have the least difficulty with, even if they are both not your first language.

rambo919

Executive Member
To clarify the bolded portion: Actually they were protesting whatever they were told to protest against, or else ...
No nonsense, it was all spontanious, not even the unions were involved.... you whites and your constant lies. Confess sinners CONFESS

rambo919

Executive Member
Don't be stupid. Obviously you'd prefer Lear the language you have the least difficulty with, even if they are both not your first language.
Nothing to do with difficulty though, they burnt afrikaans books out of political hatered.... the language itself in isolation had nothing to do with it.

konfab

Honorary Master
Don't be stupid. Obviously you'd prefer learning in the language you have the least difficulty with, even if they are both not your first language.
So how would you grade the difficulty of English vs Afrikaans then?
Lets even state from the perspective of someone who speaks Xhosa or Zulu.

Linguistically, Afrikaans is much simpler than English, and it has quite a bit of bantu words in it as well

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Many people in NW speak good Afrikaans. Not so much in KZN I presume?

There's nothing wrong with Afrikaans. Unfortunately, it's associated with apartheid due to the government of the time promoting it over everything else.

Knyro

PhD in Everything
So how would you grade the difficulty of English vs Afrikaans then?
Lets even state from the perspective of someone who speaks Xhosa or Zulu.

Linguistically, Afrikaans is much simpler than English, and it has quite a bit of bantu words in it as well
Black people (generally) find English easier. Why? Because their families and friends already speak it so they get more exposure to it growing up

Even if you could somehow objectively prove that Afrikaans in and of itself is easier than English, it makes no difference to somebody that grew up with English around them. That exposure alone will make English easier to them than Afrikaans.