Pitso: Apartheid still divides our blacks

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
It can't be, the blacks loved and preferred Afrikaans so they must have been protesting against English. You sure you are not revising history?:unsure:
Freedom before education. Looking at the last 25 years the problem is still education, not the language in which it is presented.

Jabulani22

Expert Member
Maybe if "indigenous"(used loosely ,great fish river and all that) languages had words and concepts for every single mathematical and scientific principal then we could say its harder to learn in another language.

Jabulani22

Expert Member
Freedom before education. Looking at the last 25 years the problem is still education, not the language in which it is presented.
Exactly right , this is the legacy they fostered in their haste to become the leading party (ANC) , kinda backfired though , except for the part where people still vote ANC.

Sollie

Executive Member
Freedom before education.
Some misunderstood it to be freedom from education? Languages and all that, deliberately deceptive with everything being mother tounge and Afrikaans. Plausible? :whistling:

ponder

Honorary Master
I'm compelled to ask... How's he a crook?
crook (noun): a very dishonest person, especially a criminal or a cheat

He's made some dishonest claims wrt other teams, he punched a security guard (assault) for which charges were laid with saps & the psl also found him guilty of.

Seems to fit the definition of a crook.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
crook (noun): a very dishonest person, especially a criminal or a cheat

He's made some dishonest claims wrt other teams, he punched a security guard (assault) for which charges were laid with saps & the psl also found him guilty of.

Seems to fit the definition of a crook.
:laugh:

access

Executive Member
has there ever been an attempt to produce learning material in all of our 11 official languages

do we even poses the ability to do it

Kornhole

Blackburn Fan
Black people (generally) find English easier. Why? Because their families and friends already speak it so they get more exposure to it growing up

Even if you could somehow objectively prove that Afrikaans in and of itself is easier than English, it makes no difference to somebody that grew up with English around them. That exposure alone will make English easier to them than Afrikaans.
With Knyro on this and obviously depends where you lived. How did my English speaking dad learn Afrikaans? He lived in bethlehem and no choice really.

Ryansr

Expert Member
I think people in SA (most definitely myself include) are now slowly getting tired of all the blame that gets shifted by the previously disadvantaged clan that seems to be incapable of accepting responsibility for their own actions. That's why they would have the privilege these days of uttering the most racist remarks at myself and not be held accountable. Guess that's the new normal.