South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
you in CPT
there are feww guys doing it from home
i know some relative of pizza time opened his own place from his garage and makes a killing
Yeah I know its somewhere in the plain, in colorado somewhere.
There pizzas are good from time to time but much prefer with less toppings.
Anybody have a quick and easy pizza dough recipe? I don't have a blender or something like that so will have to mix it by hand, and I prefer grilling and frying to baking so simple and straightforward would be appreciated.
I tried the shake and bake one, with self-rising flour, and the other one with yogurt - but they both gave me heartburn. So I want to try a recipe without self-rising flour and see if that helps. There are quite a few on the internet, and most of them seem similar, but I'm specifically looking for one that will give me a thin, crispy crust.
Thanks for this, definitely gonna try it out. Have you ever tried doing your pizza on a pizza stone in the oven. Makes a helleva difference in the way the base turns out.Been using this for years,
https://www.pizzamaking.com/thincrust.php
If you are going to do this in a normal oven then you have to prebake the the pizza base to the point where it starts getting light brown spots both sides. Remove from oven and let cool for a short while on a rack before building your pizza and shoving it back in the oven. It's a lovely crispy base that can handle lots of toppings! This base is better than the majority of pizza places I've eaten at and people always ask me when can I make pizza for them again.
I don't use a pan, it goes straight on a oven rack the second time it goes into the oven.
For the sauce I add a sachet of tomato paste towards the end of simmering it down, I reduce the liquid to the point of a thick consistency so i can spoon and then brush onto the base.
For yeast I use the purple Anchor yeast sachets, I just use the whole thing.
Here's a spreadsheet that you can use to calculate values, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ziauNbaAgEhQVBpPdBTnot7Gs9GdRRUZgXQdsuo4YNk/edit?usp=sharing Just put the weight of the flour in grams into the H1 cell.
Thanks for this, definitely gonna try it out. Have you ever tried doing your pizza on a pizza stone in the oven. Makes a helleva difference in the way the base turns out.
Something like this:
https://m.takealot.com/#product?id=12803798
That's deep dish style. It's cheese then toppings and sauce last.Has anyone tried making pizza with the cheese first then add sauce and toppings? It's awesome apparently.
Has anyone tried making pizza with the cheese first then add sauce and toppings? It's awesome apparently.
but sometimes less toppings are too less ..
My favourite pizza place in Centurion:
Why is your opinion worth more than everyone else?![]()
Have you tried Cappucino's @ Southdowns yet?
Word to the 5th power.
I much prefer St elmos Chick and Mushroom pizza. I love me some of that pizza.
I'm still trying to figure out what they use as their white sauce, it tastes similar to the Cross and Blackwell Salad dressing(Not Mayo) or is it the same thing. but its not Mayo thats a definate. I enjoy that pizza.
Theres a place in Athlone(Belgravia) called The butchers wife, they use to be St Elmost and their pizzas rock.
Hehe that's my aunts place. Glad to hear it was good.i ate there the weekend, same owners apparently
they food was good and i had a baquette which for R60 was a philly steak one and was very good
the seafood pizza looked so good
Not yet - will add it to my list. Thanks for the tip!