Paul Kemp
Expert Member
- Joined
- Jan 4, 2021
- Messages
- 3,666
- Reaction score
- 5,747
It is.Is this an Ooni Koda 12?
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
It is.Is this an Ooni Koda 12?
I have been lusting after an Ooni for so long, have you been enjoying it.? And would you say the 12 is worth it or should I spend my life savings on the Koda 16 instead?It is.
If I could do it again I’d go for the 16 just because it is that good. The 12 is however perfect for my needs I just have the feeling I’ll be using this for many many years and when you spread the price difference over the years the price difference becomes negligible.I have been lusting after an Ooni for so long, have you been enjoying it.? And would you say the 12 is worth it or should I spend my life savings on the Koda 16 instead?
Thanks man, another option I've been looking at is Olivers Craft but a dual oven would be too big. And when they quoted me for a single one it ends up being pretty much the same priceIf I could do it again I’d go for the 16 just because it is that good. The 12 is however perfect for my needs I just have the feeling I’ll be using this for many many years and when you spread the price difference over the years the price difference becomes negligible.
www.oliverscraft.co
I paid £239 for mine on special which is very good. Currently £349 so I scored.Thanks man, another option I've been looking at is Olivers Craft but a dual oven would be too big. And when they quoted me for a single one it ends up being pretty much the same price
![]()
Gas Pizza Oven | Oliver's Craft | South Africa
Our gas pizza ovens are designed to provide the perfect balance of heat and control, allowing you to create perfectly cooked pizzas every time.www.oliverscraft.co
Oh I see, you are not in South Africa?I paid £239 for mine on special which is very good. Currently £349 so I scored.
Thanks for letting us know.I would not pay R16k for a pizza oven...




That looks great, job well done.So my work in progress is my Weber with a pizza ring off takealot, with an Ooni Karu 12 Gas burner in the back. Using a Weber Paella Pan as a lid to get flame sort of rolling over the top of the pizza.
Kind of considering an under stone burner as well
Next step is insulation. I want to lay down some insulation board with unglazed floor tiles over top to make the oven floor as well as some insulation on top of the paella pan.
This test run was sommer with bread dough from Pnp.
View attachment 1537545View attachment 1537547View attachment 1537549View attachment 1537551
Thank you, I'm on the lookout for a cheap Weber Compact on Marketplace so that I can cut the legs shorter to put the whole contraption on a table for eye level baking. I don't want to do that to my One TouchThat looks great, job well done.
That's what I did with my WeberThank you, I'm on the lookout for a cheap Weber Compact on Marketplace so that I can cut the legs shorter to put the whole contraption on a table for eye level baking. I don't want to do that to my One Touch![]()
Ban himHis oven? Flip the image and you've got a match with this.
View attachment 1526831
https://justcookwell.com/the-pizza-burger-pie/
Nice what cheese did you use?Made this yesterday View attachment 1539609
Looks like it needs a few minutes under the grill to get a bit of cheese bubbly and some char.Made this yesterday View attachment 1539609
I buy the pizzas bases frozen with cheese. It says andiccios on the box and the guy supplies various restaurants/hotels with all sorts of frozen food. R450 for 10Nice what cheese did you use?