Pizza! Pizza! Pizza!

I have been lusting after an Ooni for so long, have you been enjoying it.? And would you say the 12 is worth it or should I spend my life savings on the Koda 16 instead?
If I could do it again I’d go for the 16 just because it is that good. The 12 is however perfect for my needs I just have the feeling I’ll be using this for many many years and when you spread the price difference over the years the price difference becomes negligible.

If you are lusting for one and currently using a normal kitchen over I can guarantee you that it will up your pizza game tenfold.
 
If I could do it again I’d go for the 16 just because it is that good. The 12 is however perfect for my needs I just have the feeling I’ll be using this for many many years and when you spread the price difference over the years the price difference becomes negligible.
Thanks man, another option I've been looking at is Olivers Craft but a dual oven would be too big. And when they quoted me for a single one it ends up being pretty much the same price
 
Thanks man, another option I've been looking at is Olivers Craft but a dual oven would be too big. And when they quoted me for a single one it ends up being pretty much the same price
I paid £239 for mine on special which is very good. Currently £349 so I scored.
 
So my work in progress is my Weber with a pizza ring off takealot, with an Ooni Karu 12 Gas burner in the back. Using a Weber Paella Pan as a lid to get flame sort of rolling over the top of the pizza.

Kind of considering an under stone burner as well

Next step is insulation. I want to lay down some insulation board with unglazed floor tiles over top to make the oven floor as well as some insulation on top of the paella pan.

This test run was sommer with bread dough from Pnp.
20230112_184548.jpg20230112_184627.jpg20230112_184949.jpg20230112_185842.jpg
 
So my work in progress is my Weber with a pizza ring off takealot, with an Ooni Karu 12 Gas burner in the back. Using a Weber Paella Pan as a lid to get flame sort of rolling over the top of the pizza.

Kind of considering an under stone burner as well

Next step is insulation. I want to lay down some insulation board with unglazed floor tiles over top to make the oven floor as well as some insulation on top of the paella pan.

This test run was sommer with bread dough from Pnp.
View attachment 1537545View attachment 1537547View attachment 1537549View attachment 1537551
That looks great, job well done.
 
Thank you, I'm on the lookout for a cheap Weber Compact on Marketplace so that I can cut the legs shorter to put the whole contraption on a table for eye level baking. I don't want to do that to my One Touch :ROFL:
That's what I did with my Weber
Cut the legs super short so it is table level
The ash catcher is about 5cm above work surface
No problems at all with heat or anything
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X