Please do a MyBroadband speed test on Rain

cavedog

Honorary Master
I'm considering the 24/7 LTE package - is the sim fixed to a tower?

Not fixed to a tower can be used in a mifi and can travel with it. As long as you have Rain coverage it will work. Speeds are hard capped at a max of 10Mbps.

SNaidoo

Not fixed to a tower can be used in a mifi and can travel with it. As long as you have Rain coverage it will work. Speeds are hard capped at a max of 10Mbps.
I'm currently getting terrible speeds on my pay as you use sim (1-2mbps) being used at my dad's place. Was wondering then if the 24/7 package would be any different considering the nearest tower is 400m away. But i gather then that it won't be an improvement. @ rain_mobile can you comment?

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
I'm currently getting terrible speeds on my pay as you use sim (1-2mbps) being used at my dad's place. Was wondering then if the 24/7 package would be any different considering the nearest tower is 400m away. But i gather then that it won't be an improvement. @ rain_mobile can you comment?
Hi, the sims are not fixed to a tower as they are mobile, what i can do for you is investigate why you getting the speeds you are getting and we can take it from there, please PM me your email address so that i can investigate.

BaTouSai

I have sent numerous requests and it never gets fixed.

"As per address provided and the troubleshooting carried out, user should experience good performance."

Ticket 1857517

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    15.9 KB · Views: 25

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
I have sent numerous requests and it never gets fixed.

"As per address provided and the troubleshooting carried out, user should experience good performance."

Ticket 1857517
Hi, Thank you fro advising i will sent this through for investigation and will provide you with feedback as soon as i get it.

SNaidoo

Hi, the sims are not fixed to a tower as they are mobile, what i can do for you is investigate why you getting the speeds you are getting and we can take it from there, please PM me your email address so that i can investigate.
Just sent you a PM with the details

Yure

To help us to report accurately on Rain’s network performance, we need data from as many people as possible. Please do a speed test using MyBroadband’s web-based speed test and Android speed test app.

MyBroadband Web-Based Speed Test (for Rain fixed LTE-A)

MyBroadband Android Speed Test App (for Rain mobile)

Please post your results here. It makes it easier for us to quickly check for network issues.
The speeds are really bad, doesn't go above 0.5mbps download speed

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200719-223950_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200719-223950_Chrome.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 11

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep

Hi Yure ,

I see that your speed is way below too can you please PM us your details so that I may assist you too with getting speeds.

please send us your account details and address so that I may get quick assistance.

thanks

HunterNW

Honorary Master
Can't video call my gf after 5 on rain - speed is like a turd dropping in slow motion.

SNaidoo

My 5G speeds have plummeted this afternoon. What's going on?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-07-20 at 15.21.12.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-20 at 15.21.12.png
    71 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot 2020-07-20 at 15.21.50.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-20 at 15.21.50.png
    37.2 KB · Views: 11