Please Help With Drifta & Samsung Galaxy S II

Nathan1

Hi,

I am hoping someone could give help me out connecting to DStv Drifta from my Samsung Galaxy S2.

I got my Drifta yesterday and setting it up and getting it working on my PC & 2 iPhones was a breeze, but when trying to get it working on my SGS2, it just won't work.

I download the app from the market, then while still connected to home network via WiFi I run the app. It says "Authenticating - Sending a small about of data to the DStv server.....". It then askes me to choose a DStv Decoder and lists my Drifta device as it should. I select it and it says "Connecting" and that is as all as it does for about 3-4 min.
Then goes back to Rescan or Retry. Retry does the "Connecting" thing again until bringing me back to the previous step. Rescan finds the device again and then goes to the "Connecting" part.

I tried most of the day and night yesterday but it just wont work. I contacted DStv's Mobile department today to try and speak to someone that is actually familiar with both devices (SGS2 & Drifta) but they ask me to do what I have been doing for 2 days.

I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the direction of and "After Market" "3rd Party" app.apk that I could try.

My device is not Rooted.

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,
J

graviti

I have both devices working. Took a while, because the Drifta wasn't getting a signal. Also the first time it loaded, it took a really long time. But after that no issues. Stock ROM (unrooted) using the DSTV Drifta app from the market. Can't really help you. Just check the Drifta has a steady signal.

Nathan1

Thanks for trying to help. I had a brainwave and realised that my phones wireless was set to a static ip. I changed it to dhcp and it works.