Please Rate Axxess

Rate Axxess, based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

• Excellent

Votes: 33 36.7%
  • Good

Votes: 30 33.3%
  • Average

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Poor

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters

rpm

Admin
Staff member
We are doing a forum survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate Axxess based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Axxess does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.

ambroseg1

Executive Member
Typical South African service levels. Some days good. Most days crap.

I use them as they allow EFT monthly payments instead of debit orders.

OCP

Expert Member
They were decent /average until AH bought them out.
Their support levels descended to the same pit of hell like AH as did their hosting.

Would only recommend if there were no other ISP's left.

ozziej

Axxess haven't been that bad, but often when there are failures on my LTE package (network issues) they don't have notices on their website, so you waste time rebooting router etc, then phoning them to find out they do have a network problem.
Also, the CellC network has become so saturated its now unusable. I've cancelled the Fixed LTE.
I'm waiting for Slowdacom to get their fibre done in our area, but they've at least given me a Fixed LTE device to use until then. Infinitely better than Cell C

Razzle

Been with Axxess for 4yrs with various accounts for myself and parents.
Very happy with service.
Issues resolved chop chop.
Could improve on pricing though.

MirageF1

Expert Member
I've voiced my opinion in a thread detailing their unapologetic, unadvised cancellation of my service.
'Nuf said.

Been with Axxess on-and-off since early DSL days...
Great Service, knowledgeable support staff
EFT monthly payments,
Would like to see pricing more in line with other ISP, eg Premium 20/20 fibre pricing is similar to other ISP's 50/50

PJG

Speeds seem fine, mostly. Their DNS servers are utter trash though, causing endless problems, forcing the need to use google/Open DNS... Not necessarily a bad thing but does cause problems in certain situations and something your average user shouldn't have to deal with. Also, sit down and binge watch your favorite series if you ever try call them... it's going to be a long wait. (maybe it's from all the average users using the default DNS calling to say nothing is loading properly...)

Month to month contract is nice though.. as is the data cap carry over.

Last edited:

vetpiet

Axxess has been my first choice now for almost 5 years. Issues are resolved quickly. Responses are prompt. Just a shame I have to run on Vumatel's network - but here again, Axxess staff are quite knowledgeable and do try to assist even if their proverbial hands are cut off...

brabham

Using the CellC Fixed LTE service from them. Chose Axxess because of the free B618 Router. Their service is not the best but thankfully I've not had to use it that often. They don't get back to you soon enough and they don't know what to do on occasion. Fair enough this is a sell on service so often times the issues are their fault but they should at least be able to give feedback if the service is down rather than to ask a user to do random rebooting or change useless settings.

Hemmen

Haven't had any network issues. However, upgrading my line a few months ago was rather problematic. Almost drove me to move onto another ISP.

newklear

Using Rain on Axxess and am fortunate to have good service in that regard!

The Ticket response times in the support centre do need to speed up though:
Created :
2019-02-17 17:21:43

Veck

Axxess has a really good network. If you have no cable issues, and faults to report, you will be golden. Support went down the drain

The cost of data is one of the cheapest in SA but the speed of dowload is rarely above 18 and upload averages about 0.4 with peaks of 0.8 at home, where I use p.c. most of the day. Dismal signal quality as it goes to zero all the time. I need to install fibre but not available at my residence. Will take the fibre contract with the first provider that covers my house in Boughton PMB.

PING
ms

DOWNLOAD
Mbps

UPLOAD
Mbps

GO

Web Speed

mybroadband.co.za
7.62 sec