Please Rate Cell C

Rate Cell C, based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

• Excellent

Votes: 38 12.5%
  • Good

Votes: 86 28.2%
  • Average

Votes: 74 24.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 44 14.4%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 63 20.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rpm

Admin
Staff member
We are doing a quick survey on how happy subscribers are with their mobile operator.

Can you please rate Cell C based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

Goosfrabba

The network coverage is mostly decent, though I don't often travel far beyond Durban. Mostly 4G where I go.
Pricing isn't quite as good as it used to be but still happy with the cost compared to the other two networks. Overall good value for what I pay

Mista_Mobsta

Coverage is good and service in stores/call centers generally good BUT network throughput struggles in my area as users pile in during peak usage hours.

ErmestLDL

I am on prepaid and find that 4G network coverage in Randfontein is very poor, most of the time goes to 3G. Value for money is reasonable.

blowdart18

Customer service is not bad, I think the staff are overall empowered to do things within limit and they always act very quickly on requests. However the culture of the business is something to be desired, cannot upgrade to other contracts even though it means more revenue for them, if your contract ends in the middle of the month then you are charged for a full month. Be willing to listen to what your customers want, especially upper management.

Method

Executive Member
Data coverage is poor. They might be cheap, but you're getting what you're paying for.

I'm on the verge of moving to another provider like Telkom.

Tjaark

I have found that the Cell C coverage in Hout Bay is getting worse. I miss so many business calls due to No Service signal. Going from Bad to non existant. Time to leave Cell C

TimBru14

Reception is generally okay in and around Durban (and I can roam onto Vodacom if need be). 2 biggest gripes with them - 1) Data is still far too expensive (I get that this is a country wide issue but Telkom Mobile has some pretty good deals on mobile data).
2) Almost every phone call I have between my Cell C number and any other number (or vice versa) gets dropped at some point. I'll be mid-conversation and then all comms coming in and out get disconnected. Really annoying not just when talking to friends or family but when you're on the line with clients or businesses and you have to phone them back or get them to phone on another number.

SykomantiS

Expert Member
Lately when, for whatever reason, I'm forced to switch my data from my Telkom sim to my Cell C, my data (airtime) disappear really, really fast- this wasn't always the case. Coverage is also middle of the pack.

sethmo

Switched to their fixed LTE from Rain. Apart from the daily disconnections (happens about two or three times a day for a few minutes at a time), reception is much better, speeds are incomparable, and they offer double the data for the same price.

oldhat

Expert Member
Voice calls are ok. Coverage is average. Data throughput is very poor. When I report this, they blame my device. Have tried a dedicated modem and 3 different cell phones with same result.

Totempole

Expert Member
Average data prices, cheapest call rates*, poor network quality and pathetic support.

*To most networks on the 66c plan. Some extensions such as 086x and 087 charged at R2.50. :sick:

Overall, my rating is somewhat poor.

mh348

Expert Member
Cell C / Afrihost support is pathetic. No service on their Fixed LTE in my town and all users are stranded. Afrihost's response "we waiting for feedback from Cell C" all the while we paying for no service.

Status
Not open for further replies.