• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Please Rate Cell C

Rate Cell C, based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

• Excellent

Votes: 38 12.5%
  • Good

Votes: 86 28.3%
  • Average

Votes: 74 24.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 44 14.5%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 62 20.4%

• Total voters

Johnit

Good value for money. Voice and data signal quality generally good where I live (Stellenbosch), but only adequate in some rural areas. Data contracts are excellent value for money, particularly when using multiple sims on one contract. Using a dual sim phone, with a secondary sim for data, is extremely cost effective. Wifi calling is not as reliable as I would like it to be, even with strong wifi signal. Wifi calling is valuable when travelling internationally if you stay where there is wifi.

Staff are generally very helpful and friendly.

Esbendzn

They offer good packages for pay as you go consumers..... however i do experience a dead zone when im at home

CT_Biker

Never had an issue with them too while I was using them. Their pricing is not so hot though. Not much in the way of value.

Riedi

I haven't encountered a problem with Cell-C. It is affordable especially when you have teenagers. The service I get when I go into a store, or even telephonically is excellent. They have a new shout-out bundle which is very affordable for social media. I do not think that I will be changing networks. Best thing I could have done was chance from Vodacom to Cell-C

dews

Cell-C prepaid is the best (66c per minute, and per second billing)
Other than that i cannot comment.

Dodger67

Absolutely crap!
It should be ILLEGAL for phone companies to market anything at all in areas where they do not have actual physical coverage. Cell C call centre people don't even know that the Northern Cape province (which btw covers a third of the entire country) even exists! My gf who lives in a small Karoo town got suckered into a Cell C contract. The nearest actual Cell C shop is literally half a day's drive away and as for an actual Cell C tower - just fuhgeddaboudit!
Cell C should stay in the big cities and stop pretending that they are a "national network". Cape Town, Durban and Joburg does not equal "National Coverage".

GIGZ

R15 for 1GB Night Surfer - No network comes close.

Coverage coverage is sketchy, where I live I get HSDPA; however it doesn't connect unless I am on H+ ‍♂️

4G LTE connectivity is ... Nevermind, I just save my battery by sticking to "3G only".

Durban

Last edited:

greg0205

Honorary Master
I’m in my 6th year with cell c and have no plans to change.

Calls and data, no problems, and I’ve always found customer care to be pretty good too.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Telkom's LTE coverage is better, CellC had a hole with no signal at milnerton/woodbridge, they never fixed it after 2 years of me reporting it (been near 2 years now since I last reported/was on CellC, so might finally have coverage).
Their prices are higher
They keep upping prices mid-contract (main reason I left, 2 price ups within a 2 year contract)
Cancelling a month-to-month contract required me to call multiple times as they didn't cancel it, with the myBB CellC sorting it out for me (MyBB CellC rep is quite on-point).

As an aside, their site is moderately broken at 900p.
1537022815761.png
But better than previously whereby the product images were weird, don't have a picture of it anymore.

chrisc

Executive Member
Coverage is fine
Customer service ok as long as question is simple
Data dept difficult to get hold of. Have been on hold sometimes for over 30 mins
Had several instances of prepaid data disappearing in less than one minute, despite Cellular data only on for bank and Whatsapp, no phone updates. One month 100mb data will last 30 days, next time it can be 30 mins

marine1

Honorary Master
Very happy with quality and price.
After being with vodacom for years this is great.
Network could always do with improvements especially in places like bedfordview and eastgate
Speeds are great
Prices incredible
App is great too

Friday13th

Coverage is decent and I get LTE where I spend 90% of my days. My only complaint is whenever I go to certain underground parking spots, inside certain shopping malls like Eastgate or Mall of Africa..when I lose signal and am forced to roam on Voda. Customer service is top notch and I have never spent more than 10 minutes in a queue at any Cell C shop. Their staff product knowledge is excellent.

McT

The Humble Scot!
Their signal quality is usually average in urban areas to pathetic outside of the urban sprawl.