Please Rate MTN

Rate MTN, based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

• Excellent

Votes: 98 21.0%
  • Good

Votes: 162 34.7%
  • Average

Votes: 99 21.2%
  • Poor

Votes: 52 11.1%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 56 12.0%

• Total voters

rpm

Admin
Staff member
We are doing a quick survey on how happy subscribers are with their mobile operator.

Can you please rate MTN based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

3WA

Expert Member
Excellent. I have a contract, they give me what I pay for. Other than that, they stay out of my way, and I stay out of their way.

I do wish they were less yellow, though.

debz84

I don't have any issues with MTN at the moment. My only issue lies with all mobile providers that their prices have become outrageous. Its not worth upgrading as you pay more for less data, and voice. Also why carry on offering free sms's when the majority of chat takes place on whatsapp

Sweevo

Honorary Master
We are doing a quick survey on how happy subscribers are with their mobile operator.

Can you please rate MTN based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.
I'm Jack Marlow, and I've been MTN free for over 15 years.
Barring a major shake up, there's no way I'm moving from Telkom Mobile. After 6 years, MTN just didn't want my business... my original gripe had nothing to do with price.
I tested their network quality from home where I live and nobody but Telkom had LTE. Telkom's has been consistent and fast for me.

Last edited:

Sweevo

Honorary Master
I don't have any issues with MTN at the moment. My only issue lies with all mobile providers that their prices have become outrageous. Its not worth upgrading as you pay more for less data, and voice. Also why carry on offering free sms's when the majority of chat takes place on whatsapp
Telkom Mobile R100 per month gives you unlimited Whatsapp... also free telkom to telkom calls (landline and mobile)... You can add voice bundles if you like.

Sovereign

MTN coverage and speeds are good. Their support service when there is a problem is really bad, e.g. with a telephone contract that a subcontractor sold to me which does not stick with the verbally agreed conditions. It took MTN 9 months to sort out the problem.
MTN also advertises notebook computers with packages. I have ordered one at MTN Brooklyn in Pretoria months ago and never heard from them again.
Technical service might be good, admin support is poor.

Zuner

Expert Member
never ever again, i tried MTN after 8 years of not using them and wow, useless. Couldn't speak with a person in the call center cause i'm on prepaid, the spam sms's drove me insane. network wasn't bad i guess but doesn't come close to making up for the pain in the a hole that they are.

ReeceDBN031

I have rated good, although in the past couple years the sales agents get a 5/5 to close any upgrade or new account HOWEVER, when you need them for assistance on anything other than closing a sale I score a flippen 0.0000001/5, there is no help whatsoever with Mtn corporate. I was sent a upgrade which was supposed to include a sim for Mtn R55 flexi which comes with the p20 and p9lite 2017 edition. and they did not send the sim in the box. I have called like 3 times and have been told its been escalated.. yawn.. still waiting

Attachments

jennysa

Their network coverage has improved but their customer relations is too terrible. Its almost impossible to communicate with them.

Olddude

Well priced but NO coverage (not even VOICE) where I go for work Hoedspruit (bush) or holidays (KZN North coast). Have to use Voda because of coverage even if slow..

I'm living in Qatar and don't need my MTN anymore. I gave my data card and router to my brother and just kept paying my account, as per the invoices. All of a sudden the line got cut off, without an explanation. There's no way of calling anyone at MTN from abroad! They only have the ridiculous short code to dial, which does not work from overseas! I never received replies on my emails and after 3 months managed to get a reply. I asked them to cancel my line and send me the 3 month notice period bill, in July. I'm still waiting! USELESS!

rietrot

Executive Member
Probably the worst priced, most expensive network.
Coverage is good I alway have signal as opposed to Vodacom were that was a problem.
They aren’t bad enough to make me switch to telkom but not really good enough that I would recommend them to anyone.

3/5 If they price there data like it is 2018 and not 1995 they could be the best network.