Please Rate Telkom

Rate Telkom, based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

• Excellent

Votes: 71 20.1%
  • Good

Votes: 128 36.2%
  • Average

Votes: 71 20.1%
  • Poor

Votes: 35 9.9%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 49 13.8%

• Total voters

charljvv

Absolute trash service from Telkom. They've billed me wrong on the gated community packages for 4 months a row now, about 2 visits to the service desk and 3 phone calls later, the issue still not fixed. I've cancelled my service, with the hope that it does get cancelled on the dated provided.

janhough

I am on a 10mbps down, 1 up ADSL line. Once initial buffering problems sorted out, now running faultlessly for 8 months. Service line could improve.

Products: 9/10
Service and uptime: 9/10
Mobile pricing: 10/10
ADSL pricing: 7/10
Call centre: 3/10

Derek 6

I've had Telkom ADSL for a few years. Every month the service goes down. When I report it they take an average two weeks to repair the service. In January this year a part from ADSL down, my landline suddenly had changed my number, its taken two months, no credit no service.

Mista_Mobsta

I have a Telkom Sim, Landline phone and 10mb adsl with uncapped internet from Telkom.

My adsl and internet just works, truth be told, i may have a problem with my line once a yr, but a phone call to Telkom fixes it within the day. My internet is up 99.99% of the time, 1% for loadshedding... i only stream content at home, movies, series, music and there is never a lag or buffer issue unless its on the other side, plus the price im paying for all of this is way cheaper than having my line and isp separate... i actually saved R300 bundling the whole deal with Telkom...

I'll give Telkom an A rating for service, all in all quiet satisfied with my product and service from them, if i have any issues, its resolved over the phone, glad i switched to them 2 years ago
Just don't try to cancel your service...

powermzii

Expert Member
Their network works - but trying to get anything done besides using what you have is always a mission.
This ^

Have been on LTE and now LTE-A with them for the past 3.5yrs and never had any significant issues.

deesef

I have fibre and a number of mobile contracts.

Positives: Their networks are good quality and their mobile products are competitively priced.

Negatives: Fibre pricing is too high. Customer service is seriously lacking. Queues in the Telkom shops are very long and move ridiculously slowly. The Mobile account app response time is VERY show, even though the same information is displayed quickly via the website.

rsfriend

I've been fortunate enough not to have any serious ADSL issues. Any faults logged have been resolved reasonably quickly by Telkom. Their online fault logging process is not user-friendly and the workflow to completion is vague with minimal - if any - updates.

Line speed is acceptable on average but they do appear to have some congestion issues in my area, depending on time of day and day of week.

blmfeka

I have not had a pleasant experience with Telkom which emanated from three incidents:
1. I had an Integrated SIM card to use for accessing the internet. This was later capped at 1GB because I contracted to receiving 20GB @ 4mbps. I then opted to top up the SIM card by purchasing 5GB @ R150 or R195. I never received my Topup in that SIM card despite numerous attempts to get it resolved. I gave up without the 5GB topup or the refund.
2. I then took an upgrade to an uncapped facility which came with a free modem. Telkom charged my account for the cost of the modem to which I objected. Thanks that the matter was resolved.
3. Then came the issue of delivering the modem to my residence. That took a number of calls to the call center and each time I called the matter was purported to have been escalated to the responsible department. Several weeks later I received the modem.
4. While 2 and 3 above were resolved, I never got any joy on the 5GB topup.

wabmail2010

Connection speed is solid when working well.
But when you have issues, the call centre is useless.

Hulisani85

We are doing a forum survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate Telkom based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Telkom does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.
I have 60G LTE of which i am paying R550 pm. The internet speed i get at my home in Midrand is only 2mb which is too slow for me. I wanted to register for Netflix and to also stream other services but i am discouraged due to the speed. I have reported this at Telkom Store in Forest Hill Mall and i was told i must keep on complaining so that the internet speed can be improved.

MEIOT

Expert Member
Despite all the naysayers - I've never had an issue with Telkom in over 15 years.
Was one of the lucky few to get on to their initial Uncapped LTE offering. It still serves me well.

arnals

I have Telkom LTE for 3 years now. Usually connect at about 35Mbs though it does drop to 10Mbs on occasions. I have 40 GB daytime and 40GB night for R374 from one of their monthly specials. Very happy with them

Lebs1972

I applied for 10mbs uncapped fibre contract worth R699 pm with Telkom last in February and connection only in April. In one and half months my bill was sitting at R3999. Although the internet was smooth all the time, I had no option but to cancel the contract, bacuase my monthly bills didn't match what was sold to me. I didn't even the freebies promised during the promo.

Telkomclient

My Telkom WIFI works like a dream even on rainy days. only two small problems I experiencing is 1, data costs is reasonable but they surely can give some discounts on high usage or some specials monthly. 2, Seems they taking double your data usage when you using a downloader program like U-Torrent who is downloading at high speeds of 24 mb/sec and maybe to penalizing you from slowing down the complete network on the tower

Century

We are doing a forum survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate Telkom based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Telkom does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.
I am very happy with my Telkom LTE Broadband 20 Gigabytes as it has never given me a network problem, save for load-shedding times: it is fast and always reliably available, and I get the value for money at R303 per month. Keep it up Telkom, and I always recommend it to my friends and colleagues.