• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Latest One-Day Giveaway - Win a Google Home Mini Smart Speaker and a Mystery Gadget. Enter Here.

Please Rate Vox

Rate Vox, based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

• Excellent

Votes: 98 56.0%
  • Good

Votes: 48 27.4%
  • Average

Votes: 13 7.4%
  • Poor

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 11 6.3%

• Total voters

rpm

Admin
Staff member
We are doing a survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate Vox based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Vox does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.

Value-for-money - Fat pipe promo deal purchased years ago 400gb@R165.00pm= unshapped/no trottling.
Network quality - speed test avg on a telkom 10mb adsl is abt +8mb. No issues streaming netflix and watching youtube on mobile device at the same time.
General service - good service via call centre support
Did not have any issues where we could not diagnose and resolve the problem.

Avenger

Based on my personal experience:

value-for-money:
5 out of 5, Vox's Uncapped Fiber are more affordable than some of the other ISP's out there. You get more for what you pay for. Unshapped and No fair-use policy (Vumatel network).

Network Quality:
4 out 5, only had some connectivity issues few months ago at start but were resolved quite quickly.

General Service:
5 out 5, Vox's tech support is well trained with the experience I had with them.

greg0205

Honorary Master
Vox account on the Vumatel network and I love it.

100meg line... Going on a year and a half there have been two occasions where there was downtime, but that was network related and multiple providers were affected. Vuma were pretty good getting things back up and running on both occasions.

The Vox folk were good with the installation, a line speed upgrade about a year back, and they helped out when I needed Vuma to move the ONT this month.

Usage varies from around 800Gb to 1,5Tb a month so I think they're pretty good value for money too.

I voted "Excellent", so there you have it.

Hectic

Executive Member
Rating:
8/10

Capped account.
Overall very happy with speed and performance. Joined Vox after my uncapped account at my previous ISP underperformed badly for months on end.

Does have a client portal and app. Mostly use the app and it is sufficient for my needs.

I stream often and the line performs well, with occasional slowdown of speed between 20:00 - 22:00. Haven't bothered me enough to try and determine the reason for the slowdown.

Website is adequate, but I had a hiccup when I tried to sign up the first time via the website.

I like the carryover of unused bandwidth and the free date period of 6 hours.

Would have liked a news server option.

Can't comment on customer service as I haven't needed their services since I've joined about 5 months ago.

Last edited:

hermandt

Vox is very good. Sometimes very slow.

Since starting with Vox I moved from ADSL to LTE but cannot carry over my unused data or somehow transfer it which is a pity.

vNatius

Quite good. Off to a rocky start since they were shaping me on my unshaped, uncapped blah blah but a conversation with a helpful support engineer has me at full line speed 90% of the time.

Happy with their internet, can't complain about anything really!!!

VOIP service from VOX is another issue.

VOIP service i would rate 5/10

swim

Capped account
Good value
ADSL 10mb get about 9mb
But slows down from about 8pm to just after 10pm. Might be a peak thing bit annoying.

Vernon

Expert Member
Have had a promo ADSL account (400GB, after the free upgrades) with them since 2015. Hardly any issues over the 3 year period. Great value for money.

Almost don't want to cancel it. lol
But with Fibre being available in my area it wouldn't make much sense to keep it.

i.got~issues

Expert Member
I am an ADSL/VDSL line subscriber with VOX and it has been rock solid for almost the past few years, signed up for their special 400GB package and have not looked back or at another provider really for this VDSL line.

Where they can improve is perhaps some form of notice on their site of any network issues etc. There is nothing really available from VOX to confirm any issue other than an actual call to their support line... or confirmation from other VOX users here on mybroadband.

No problems with cost, billing or the performance and reliability of there offering, just their communication can do with an upgrade.

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
I am an ADSL/VDSL line subscriber with VOX and it has been rock solid for almost the past few years, signed up for their special 400GB package and have not looked back or at another provider really for this VDSL line.

Where they can improve is perhaps some form of notice on their site of any network issues etc. There is nothing really available from VOX to confirm any issue other than an actual call to their support line... or confirmation from other VOX users here on mybroadband.

No problems with cost, billing or the performance and reliability of there offering, just their communication can do with an upgrade.
If you go to the user portal you can set up notifications for your area, they will then email or SMS you if the area you set up is/will be affected.

Vox is an odd ISP. Technical good, admin terrible.

Fibre: Internet and fibre phone in Jhbg: The signal and VOIP are constant, (unlike Mweb whom I left when my 5 MB/s fibre was repeatedly in the KB/s range), But to get it I had to put up with with often bad, unintelligent and uninterested service from sales and "help desk" staff. Promises of call-back or action were not fulfilled. I had to go through hoops and wait weeks, yet the estate was already on fibre - trunking already in my building, a few metres away from me. When, after endless griping by me, they installed, it took about an hour.,

Satellite Internet & VOIP: A company I have an interest in has a Satellite data and VOIP in very rural E Cape which they need owing to lack of cell-phone signal. Internet generally OK. The real gripe there is the Satellite VOIP. Over the last 3 months I guess we have had VOIP for 10 days, although it is still charged for. One cannot rely on it at all,
The problem is that complaints are not acted upon.

I think, in a nutshell, you have to get through the protective screen of the call-centre to get service, and you have to repeat this arduous process every time there is a problem

Ryansr

Expert Member
Love the fact that they send an update if there is a problem with their network and the value for money is real with this company's offerings. Overall been very happy with their service for more than 3 years already. :thumbsup:

I've been in the process of cancelling my Vox account after they billed me for installation that I indicated (by email up front) that I wouldn't accept unless it was free (as I was already a Vox subscriber - just changing address). Over the phone they agreed to it but 3 months later I'm being billed for installation, their reasoning being that I didn't give enough notice when cancelling from my prior address.... remember that word... 'cancelling'

The latest in the saga is that Vox are now billing me a termination fee. The foundation of this termination fee is - according to Vox - based upon the terms and conditions i agreed to in their e-acceptance quote. Problem is my quote references 'attached' terms and conditions, however, in looking over the original email, I noticed that there were no attachments. I brought this to Vox's attention asking how they could enforce terms and conditions I was never given. Their response is priceless, telling me now that my account was 'migrated'. Notice the contradiction? Getting billed for not giving enough cancellation notice and then being told that you are liable as your account was migrated. Which is it?

At Vox you get to have your cake and eat it too.

Last edited:

pelican

We are doing a survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate Vox based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Vox does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.
I have a 10mb line. Good enough for me and affordable. No other company has that offering. From the ordering to the installation totally seemless. Did a speed test yesterday,9.6 download and 9.36 Upload

Value-for-money - Fat pipe promo deal purchased years ago 400gb@R165.00pm= unshapped/no trottling.
Network quality - speed test avg on a telkom 10mb adsl is abt +8mb. No issues streaming netflix and watching youtube on mobile device at the same time.
General service - good service via call centre support
Did not have any issues where we could not diagnose and resolve the problem.
Just like yourself, very very happy with the 400GB data + data rollover for 6 months. Doubt I'll be leaving them. Speed is always in excess of 9Mb

Vox/Vumatel 20Mbps symmetrical uncapped.

Value for Money: 4. There are more worse deals than better deals, hence the 4 instead of 3
Network Quality: 5 Outstanding. No issues at all in uptime or performance for almost the year I have used them
General Service: 5 Outstanding. Phone answered promptly. Any router changes are done promptly and properly. I've requested various port forwards. My only reason to engage with the call centre.

I'd like a VoIP call costs only package. I'll never use the bundled amount so never took that. You're losing easy revenue.

SmoooF

Network quality is good, downtime is sparse, but when there is downtime, communication needs to improve (level of technical knowledge and speed of response / following through on feedback commitments)