Please Rate Vox

Rate Vox, based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

• Excellent

Votes: 99 56.3%
  • Good

Votes: 48 27.3%
  • Average

Votes: 13 7.4%
  • Poor

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 11 6.3%

• Total voters

Drifter

Honorary Master
I am an ADSL/VDSL line subscriber with VOX and it has been rock solid for almost the past few years, signed up for their special 400GB package and have not looked back or at another provider really for this VDSL line.

Where they can improve is perhaps some form of notice on their site of any network issues etc. There is nothing really available from VOX to confirm any issue other than an actual call to their support line... or confirmation from other VOX users here on mybroadband.

No problems with cost, billing or the performance and reliability of there offering, just their communication can do with an upgrade.
I get SMS warnings from them id there is a network issue or planned downtime due to maintenance. Just received another one 2 mins ago, warning issues on ADSL countrywide.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Vox was my favourite ISP before I discovered I could get 50Mbps+ on Telkom LTE. I'd go back to Vox in a heartbeat if they could offer me something similar for the same price or less.

Masataka

10Mbps ADSL - Capped Fat Pipe (9/10).

Priced well and has been very reliable. Network throughput and latency is great. Support has been top notch on both the billing and technical side.

howardb

Expert Member
PRO's: Well priced 50/50Mbps Fiber, overall good service, consistent speeds, great support.
CON's: the package-included 1GB Mobile Data (MTN sim) is rather pathetic from a coverage and consistency perspective; it also goes down every so often, sometimes for the whole day.

Kitch

I currently have the Fat Pipe 100GB Capped, after moving down from the Fat Pipe 200GB Capped.

Value-for-money - 100GB for about R79.00pm, unused data rolls over and free data from 12am to 6am, unshapped/no throttling. What more do you want? Personally, it suits my needs perfectly and I find it to be amazing value for money when compared to other ISPs. The fact that their customer service is also amazing, and that you are not screwed over with a bad contract is also great.

Network quality - I've run multiple speed tests over the years. We have a 10mb ADSL line (Telkom), and we're getting on average 7Mbps download, and 1Mbps upload. Local ping and jitter is very low. Very rarely have connection issues (downtime), streaming is great, Youtube videos load in HD or higher, and online gaming has no issues (get a ping of 200 when connecting to EU servers, and a ping of 270 when connecting to American servers).

General service - Great service via my interactions with call center support. I have phoned during the week and weekend, as well as during the day and during the night. I never had to wait more than 5 minutes before getting through to the support agent. Once through, I have always been helped, and if the issue was one that couldn't be immediately fixed (line faults), they made sure to keep me updated while giving me the option of easily tracking progress of the fault through the Whatsapp Support group.

Rohan

Can't do any gaming on vox due to high latencies and spikes :mad: - have to use WA where I get a perfect ping.
Streaming is good most of the time :thumbsup:
Downloads always running full speed :thumbsup:

spizone

same here, downloading and streaming 100%, but gaming latencies specially abroad not so good, it used to be very good, but since about 4-6weeks back not so good.......
my contact 200/20 Mbps PRO Uncapped Fat Pipe

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
Sales people neglect to contact you in a timely fashion. Asked them for new web hosting + domain on the 12th, was told Sales will contact me still nothing. Guess they do not need more money.

VoIP keeps on giving routing problems where out of the blue you not able to phone a number, requiring you to email them with said number and timestamp just to be able to phone it.

Communication skills is next to none existent. If I had a choice would move all the company's services to another ISP

Ikutumela

We are doing a survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate Vox based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Vox does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.
Value for money ⭐️ Terrible service signing up , no notice of pro rata if applicable.
After Sales & installation ⭐️

Devinity

I've had my data account with Vox for a few months now and I can't complain. I rated them excellent.

Value-for-money: I changed my data account to Vox at the time for this very reason.
Network: No issues. Issues have been with Telkom but Vox sometimes went the extra mile and assisted where possible and I didn't have to contact Telkom.
Service: Excellent. All the ISPs that I've had my data account with and even Telkom for my line and previously data, I would rate as good but I've found that Vox's response time beats all of them.

pdg

On Vumatel with 20/2 Fibre Uncapped (incl. 1GB mobile data and unlimited calls to SA numbers via VOIP app)
Value for money: Excellent (the uncapped package I'm on is probably overkill in terms of my usage but I like the other features included). Also, can't find these options elsewhere for similar pricing
Network quality: International speeds have been an issue previously, but this seems to have stabilised of late
Service: Haven't had many issues since installation...and kudos to their techs who are exceptional in that when they say they'll call you back they ACTUALLY DO!

DuCy

Have had a promo ADSL account (400GB, after the free upgrades) with them since 2015. Hardly any issues over the 3 year period. Great value for money.

Almost don't want to cancel it. lol
But with Fibre being available in my area it wouldn't make much sense to keep it.
You can use the same promo ADSL account on Fibre if you wish. I'm using my 400GB data promo with Webafrica 200mb Fibre line with no problem. Unless you plan to go uncapped

Vernon

Expert Member
You can use the same promo ADSL account on Fibre if you wish. I'm using my 400GB data promo with Webafrica 200mb Fibre line with no problem. Unless you plan to go uncapped
I'm with Vumatel. Does that still apply?

DuCy

So you raise my hopes only to dash them a few short minutes later. jk :p

On the bright side. For less than the price of 400GB Vox data and 100mb Openserve line, you can easily get 100mb uncapped fibre on Vumatel

Fabian.J

Value for money ️ Terrible service signing up , no notice of pro rata if applicable.
After Sales & installation
Same with me just trying to follow up on progress regarding installation one hour phone call five different people and still no help