Beri

Expert Member
And if they do contact you how do you report them? And what will happen to them

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
This is BS. I'd much rather just opt out on both databases and report anyone who contacts me.

daveza

Honorary Master
I don't care what they do, as long as I don't have to pay a cent to get out of something I never asked for.

Last edited:

Browser

I've always considered opt-out schemes useless at best, sometimes worse, like giving one's details to something like "Direct Marketing Association of South Africa". Great, let me give my details to something like that and except not to get spam.

The time effort and of course cost of having to constantly opt-out of things that flood in is ridiculous. Of course the cell phone companies won't do anything to curb that as they make money off it both ways, each time someone gets spam and each time someone opts out or otherwise replies in a futile attempt to get them to spot receiving the crap.

I really hope the opt-in has some teeth to bite those that ignore it.

biometrics

Honorary Master
I've always considered opt-out schemes useless at best, sometimes worse, like giving one's details to something like "Direct Marketing Association of South Africa". Great, let me give my details to something like that and except not to get spam.
Worked for me. Maybe get 1 call or sms a month.

MKFrost

Expert Member
When will POPI be implemented i.e. from when will it be in force, any ideas?

Totempole

Expert Member
No matter what we do to stop spam, marketing companies will find a way to get around it.

FNfal

Executive Member
The sooner this happens the better , but i dont think it will work the ass wipes will just go off shore or one of our neighboring countries.

McT

The Humble Scot!
Maybe I do not fully understand all of this, but it feels like I am in line for a lot more rodgering from these miscreants and critters?