Ps4 console black friday specials

Savy561

I'm looking to buy a ps4 console on black friday. For those who bought a ps4 last year black friday, what was the average pricing for a ps4 slim or ps4 pro?

VettieOriginal

I'm looking to buy a ps4 console on black friday. For those who bought a ps4 last year black friday, what was the average pricing for a ps4 slim or ps4 pro?
Last year there was no real PS4 deals only on Xbox

GreatWmR

Makro, Game and takealot will or have it on special normally with 2 or 3 games bundled in
Pro won't be so cheap sadly

Matt91

Expert Member
Pro is about 7K at the cheapest spot ive seen it so far.

SpiderGear

Since I bought an OLED TV I was thinking of getting a PS4 Pro to replace my standard PS4.

Is it worth the upgrade?

BradleyKZN

Expert Member
Since I bought an OLED TV I was thinking of getting a PS4 Pro to replace my standard PS4.

Is it worth the upgrade?
Depends if you can really afford it, the PS5 is coming out in a years time, so it might be worth rather saving that money towards that.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Depends if you can really afford it, the PS5 is coming out in a years time, so it might be worth rather saving that money towards that.

Which makes it odd that the deals appear to be so crap on the Pro. One would think this is their last chance to move them.

mr_norris

Expert Member

I got my Pro in April 2017 for R5999. Came with Horizon Zero Dawn and Gran Turismo Sport. The "specials" since then have been rather meh.

BradleyKZN

Expert Member
Which makes it odd that the deals appear to be so crap on the Pro. One would think this is their last chance to move them.
You would think so hey. This isn't just happening with the Pro, this seems to be all consoles, so its actually really strange.

Splinter

Honorary Master
You would think so hey. This isn't just happening with the Pro, this seems to be all consoles, so its actually really strange.

Yebo. People being people, chances are if they got a cheap Pro now they would still go for a PS5 when it comes out in all its glory.

mr_norris

Expert Member
I got my Pro in April 2017 for R5999. Came with Horizon Zero Dawn and Gran Turismo Sport. The "specials" since then have been rather meh.

It was March 2018, not April 2017. I think my special was so good because the rand was floating around R12 to the dollar back then.