PS5 or XBox Series X

PS5 Xbox Series X

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nelly_Man

Hi there, just looking to see which way people are leaning with the new generation of consoles coming out.
I've pretty much had the wrong console for the last two generations.... PS3 and XBox One.

WesleyDB

PlayStation first, then xbox can't live without forza.

Last edited:

NotOdin999

I'm a PC gamer, but there are some PS exclusives I'd love to play. All the XBox Game Studios games now come to PC, so there's nothing much to gain by getting an XBox Series X. PS5 would make more sense as an additional machine. Probably won't happen, though. I'm too heavily invested in PC gaming. If I never buy another PC game again, my backlog will sustain me for probably another decade.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
The PS5 is vapourware at this point in time so anyone would be quite silly leaning towards that without actual concrete real world existence of the product.

Also the very reason it’s vapourware is that I suspect they have run into a brick wall with thermal issues, much like they had on the PS54 and scrambling to make it work in a design that doesn’t look like a copy of the XSX which got there first.

In a purely South African sense I however do not understand the cult following the PlayStation brand gets. It’s more expensive, it doesn’t actually exist locally. Digital pricing is terrible most of the time, no additional services like Game Pass. PS+ is low value and stupid expensive.

No local servers anywhere on the horizon. Any PlayStation gamer in SA (me included) is literally being screwed my Sony on every corner.

I think it’s time to stop supporting companies that don’t support us.

WesleyDB

*without.

Also the XSX is going to get here first so why would you spite yourself like that?
Actually a good point. I might get the xbox first, then the PlayStation. I just happened to do it that way current gen ps4 first then xbox one. Maybe I'll change things up next gen

WesleyDB

One word.
The PS5 is vapourware at this point in time so anyone would be quite silly leaning towards that without actual concrete real world existence of the product.

Also the very reason it’s vapourware is that I suspect they have run into a brick wall with thermal issues, much like they had on the PS54 and scrambling to make it work in a design that doesn’t look like a copy of the XSX which got there first.

In a purely South African sense I however do not understand the cult following the PlayStation brand gets. It’s more expensive, it doesn’t actually exist locally. Digital pricing is terrible most of the time, no additional services like Game Pass. PS+ is low value and stupid expensive.

No local servers anywhere on the horizon. Any PlayStation gamer in SA (me included) is literally being screwed my Sony on every corner.

I think it’s time to stop supporting companies that don’t support us.
One word. God of war.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
PlayStation still has way more brand equity in SA than Xbox, but hopefully that will change. Series X - as things stand - presents a substantially better value proposition for most people compared to PS5. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is outrageously good value, and Microsoft has local Azure servers in SA.

If you can afford both consoles, or if your friends have committed to a specific platform, then there is no point arguing which is better. Also, if Sony announces a rival to Game Pass Ultimate then all differences are fairly arbitrary. And if there's a particular exclusive you can't do without then it's also pointless wondering what to buy.

One word.
One word. God of war.
I haven't touched God of War since rushing through the story. It's basically an epic movie with video game bulls**t in the way, imo. If there are Youtube vids covering all the dialogue, then that's all most people need to appreciate its best qualities. Horizon: Zero Dawn however, man that was an experience. Easily my favourite game on the platform. And all these years later, it's finally coming to PC. Can't wait to play it again properly.

WesleyDB

PlayStation still has way more brand equity in SA than Xbox, but hopefully that will change. Series X - as things stand - presents a substantially better value proposition for most people compared to PS5. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is outrageously good value, and Microsoft has local Azure servers in SA.

If you can afford both consoles, or if your friends have committed to a specific platform, then there is no point arguing which is better. Also, if Sony announces a rival to Game Pass Ultimate then all differences are fairly arbitrary. And if there's a particular exclusive you can't do without then it's also pointless wondering what to buy.

I haven't touched God of War since rushing through the story. It's basically an epic movie with video game bulls**t in the way, imo. If there are Youtube vids covering all the dialogue, then that's all most people need to appreciate its best qualities. Horizon: Zero Dawn however, man that was an experience. Easily my favourite game on the platform. And all these years later, it's finally coming to PC. Can't wait to play it again properly.
Not sure which God of war you played, but it's one of the highest rated games for PlayStation.