PS5

shiverz

Expert Member
Anyone else experience "LAN cable disconnected" then connected immediately again randomly during the first 15 minutes from powering on? Seem to be getting this after the last update. Kicks me from games and party, but then after that I can game for 4 hours uninterrupted. Tested the cable and it is fine. Just want to know if it is just me having the issue.
It's the same with me

SHL

Expert Member
Anyone else experience "LAN cable disconnected" then connected immediately again randomly during the first 15 minutes from powering on? Seem to be getting this after the last update. Kicks me from games and party, but then after that I can game for 4 hours uninterrupted. Tested the cable and it is fine. Just want to know if it is just me having the issue.
Seems to be an issue since last year....
https://www.reddit.com/r/PS5/comments/jt7m2k

Aquadyne

Expert Member
I just pulled the trigger on ordering an SSD for expanded storage on my PS5.

Seems like a great deal - considering.

SEAGATE FIRECUDA 530 1TB NVMe SSD

https://www.takealot.com/seagate-firecuda-530-1tb-nvme-ssd/PLID73110658

R3 499.

The part number lines up with approved storage, but something is bugging me about this deal... Not sure what. Will get the unit by Monday.

Anyone else have this unit?

Edit: Fixed URL

Last edited:

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
I just pulled the trigger on ordering an SSD for expanded storage on my PS5.

Seems like a great deal - considering.

SEAGATE FIRECUDA 530 1TB NVMe SSD

https://www.takealot.com/seagate-firecuda-530-1tb-nvme-ssd/PLID73110658

R3 499.

The part number lines up with approved storage, but something is bugging me about this deal... Not sure what. Will get the unit by Monday.

Anyone else have this unit?

Edit: Fixed URL

Maybe they like the ones I got this morning.

Dead, busy logging a swap out :(

It heats up and that is it, not even my Laptop sees them

Aquadyne

Expert Member
Came across this

Model number with heatsink checks out.

Can't seem to cancel my TA order.

FML

Esquire

Edit: fixed resolution & added supplier name
617fd351e8c373a6d06bfd3aa15b8691.jpg

Splinter

Honorary Master
Came across this

Model number with heatsink checks out.

Can't seem to cancel my TA order.

FML

Esquire

Edit: fixed resolution & added supplier name
617fd351e8c373a6d06bfd3aa15b8691.jpg

Well, I have no heatsink on my Samsung SSD, so we'll gamble together :)

Edit - but it's Takealot, so just return it

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
Sorry to say but this games crashing after rest mode is a pain in the rear.
I thought they would have fixed this issue by now.

Playing God of War and every time the console go into rest mode I come back to a stuck game that I have to close and restart to continue. Don't recall this happening in other games but googling it tells me its a known PS5 problem :(

Last edited:

Lupus

Honorary Master

Playing God of War and every time the console go into rest mode I come back to a stuck game that I have to close and restart to continue. Don't recall this happening in other games but googling it tells me its a known PS5 problem :(
So quick resume isn't working?
That sucks, as long as I don't have a power failure I can fire up most games on my Series X from where I turned off the console.

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
So quick resume isn't working?
That sucks, as long as I don't have a power failure I can fire up most games on my Series X from where I turned off the console.

Its doesn't have quick resume.... but one would think that they at least would "save" and close the game before rest mode, even the PS3 can do that.

Xbox quick resume works even after power down, and works with up to 5 games that you can switch between, I am not talking about that. Although I must admit that the quick resume spoiled me. I am now use to leaving the console on when I go to the shops or such.

Disable rest mode for now, cause If I come back to a dead game again I might scream, esp when I loose progress :D

Edit:
Those who are particularly unlucky may end up with a bricked console, while others will just have to wait for the PS5 to rebuild its database after a crash.

o_O Ok so glad I turned that feature off then.

Last edited:

Lupus

Honorary Master
Its doesn't have quick resume.... but one would think that they at least would "save" and close the game before rest mode, even the PS3 can do that.

Xbox quick resume works even after power down, and works with up to 5 games that you can switch between, I am not talking about that. Although I must admit that the quick resume spoiled me. I am now use to leaving the console on when I go to the shops or such.

Disable rest mode for now, cause If I come back to a dead game again I might scream, esp when I loose progress :D

Edit:

o_O Ok so glad I turned that feature off then.
Nope after a couple of load shedding sessions my quick resumes are gone :( luckily I still climb in and out my ship in NMS.
But yeah quick resume as spoiled me as well, when firing up the One X it's like ah man it's loading again

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
Nope after a couple of load shedding sessions my quick resumes are gone :( luckily I still climb in and out my ship in NMS.
But yeah quick resume as spoiled me as well, when firing up the One X it's like ah man it's loading again

OK, my consoles never been without power, but I do know on both "Instant on" and "Energy Saver" quick resume still works.

Just checked now, resume on rest works on PS4 as well so must be a PS5 only thing. :(
Think only reason why it bothered me now is cause I lost quite a bit of progress when I had to force close and restart.

Lupus

Honorary Master
OK, my consoles never been without power, but I do know on both "Instant on" and "Energy Saver" quick resume still works.

Just checked now, resume on rest works on PS4 as well so must be a PS5 only thing. :(
Think only reason why it bothered me now is cause I lost quite a bit of progress when I had to force close and restart.
Yeah yours is on your inverter

Aquadyne

Expert Member

This really pissed me off over the weekend... And it's not like it has PS5 loading times...