Quadcopter/Drone Thread

Terence1983

anybody know what is the original drone?

I brought this TEVO drone for my cousin, and not sure of what its based on
https://www.tevo.co.za/shop/electronics/drones/shox-enduro/

acts quite weird when flying, and no manual provided, and no batteries,
so I need to find out the specs of what this is actually based on.

I have this one
https://www.tevo.co.za/shop/electronics/drones/shox-raptor/

Im assuming pretty similar to yours, came with a manual etc. Mine flies ok, does drift a lot and ive never been able to get it to hover steadily.

What issues you having with yours?

eg2505

Honorary Master
I have this one
https://www.tevo.co.za/shop/electronics/drones/shox-raptor/

Im assuming pretty similar to yours, came with a manual etc. Mine flies ok, does drift a lot and ive never been able to get it to hover steadily.

What issues you having with yours?
same cant hover, (even though its supposedly got Headless mode), how it works, if it works? who knows?
also app, cant seem to record flights, might be due to my phone being android 9, but not so sure TBH.

Terence1983

same cant hover, (even though its supposedly got Headless mode), how it works, if it works? who knows?
also app, cant seem to record flights, might be due to my phone being android 9, but not so sure TBH.
My camera works fine but quality is horrible. Il see if I can check the manual regarding the headless mode, will reply tomorrow. Should be similar to mine.

Francois Marais

I wonder. I have an Android and an iPhone to connect to my Mavic Air. If I fake location the Android, launch the Drone with FCC Settings, will it remember the setting on the iPhone?

Might be worth a try.... Or I might just use the Android phone to fly with.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I wonder. I have an Android and an iPhone to connect to my Mavic Air. If I fake location the Android, launch the Drone with FCC Settings, will it remember the setting on the iPhone?

Might be worth a try.... Or I might just use the Android phone to fly with.
That's the way I did it.

As long as you remember to cancel any popups warning that you need to change your location you can keep the android phone buried in a desk drawer. :)

Francois Marais

That's the way I did it.

As long as you remember to cancel any popups warning that you need to change your location you can keep the android phone buried in a desk drawer. :)
Cool. Will give it a go. Now just to find a place in Pretoria East where I can fly...

Francois Marais

The biggest problem is to get to a place to fly. The estate said no go. The local cycling joint, no go... So looking for land to go take to the sky. The one app shows that the estate we stay in falls under the Waterloof AFB no-fly zone. I do not want to burn bridges to tarnish the already bleak-looking drone acceptance.