R56000 bill for diskspace usage

PeteCT

We have a re-seller account at 1-Grid.

A client stopped using their email and it filled up on the server with tons of email pushing our disk allocation past its limit (They don't allow limits on mailboxes);

1-Grid sent us a bill of R56 000 for one month's usage out of the blue with no warning and no explanation.

It took a few months to get to 100gig, but no bills before which would have given us warning when it was slightly over.

Anyone had this happen to them?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

genetic

Honorary Master
R56,000 for 100GB? What the actual ****??? :oops::oops::oops:

Google charges R29 for 100GB...

Lew Skannen

Expert Member

A client stopped using their email and it filled up on the server with tons of email pushing our disk allocation past its limit (They don't allow limits on mailboxes);

1-Grid sent us a bill of R56 000 for one month's usage out of the blue with no warning and no explanation.

It took a few months to get to 100gig, but no bills before which would have given us warning when it was slightly over.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Close your hosting account and make arrangements to settle them.

Move your hosting abroad. You will get much better infrastructure at much cheaper prices. None of the nonsense you are getting now.

This is the problem dealing with South African based companies.

genetic

Honorary Master

Move your hosting abroad. You will get much better infrastructure at much cheaper prices. None of the nonsense you are getting now.

What an ignorant response.

There are many SA hosting companies that provide good value for money.... but we're used to your (and your previous clone accounts) anti SA rhetoric by now.

ArtyLoop

Executive Member

Erm nope.
Overseas you have to deal with language barriers, apathy, and general IDGAF attitude when something goes wrong.

Adenoid Hynkel

Expert Member

(They don't allow limits on mailboxes)

What kind of reseller account doesnt allow for limitations? That's asking for a disaster to happen.

56k for 100GB over usage seems very steep.

What a load of bull. Plenty local hosting companies that offer decent service and value for your money.

MightyQuin

Not amused...

Any suggestions?

Thanks

What did 1Grid say when you asked them?

MightyQuin

Not amused...

Just stop talking absolute nonsense, please. It's becoming tedious.

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
What an ignorant response.

There are many SA hosting companies that provide good value for money.... but we're used to your (and your previous clone accounts) anti SA rhetoric by now.
What's his previous nick?

Jade @ Absolute Hosting

Absolute Hosting Representative
Company Rep
Most providers these days have limitations on disk usage and will most likely remain like that until SSD storage prices drop, and capacity increases.

A client of ours ran into the same issue with 1-Grid, disputed it, reversed the debit order and passed the matter on their attorney and there has been no response from 1-Grid since.

My suggestion is to contest the matter, try resolve it amicably and if all else fails then get an attorney.
Next step is to find a provider that notifies you of when you have reached your limit so that you can either reduce your disk usage or upgrade to the next available package o ie be proactive and avoid overages of this nature.

We notify our clients twice per day if they have reached their limit and include instructions / walk through / tips on how to reduce disk usage, or how to upgrade your hosting package in the event that you simply cant reduces your usage.

In the event that a client does happen to miss these twice per day emails and upgrades only a week after their next service renewal we gladly waiver the overage fee.

1-grid

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Good Morning Pete,

Please accept our sincere apologies for your negative experience with us.

We would like to contact you to discuss the matter. Please kindly provide us with a contact number, as well as your client code. You are welcome to send this to our inbox on this platform.

We value your feedback and we hope to resolve this matter as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
1-grid

1-grid

Most providers these days have limitations on disk usage and will most likely remain like that until SSD storage prices drop, and capacity increases.

A client of ours ran into the same issue with 1-Grid, disputed it, reversed the debit order and passed the matter on their attorney and there has been no response from 1-Grid since.

My suggestion is to contest the matter, try resolve it amicably and if all else fails then get an attorney.
Next step is to find a provider that notifies you of when you have reached your limit so that you can either reduce your disk usage or upgrade to the next available package o ie be proactive and avoid overages of this nature.

We notify our clients twice per day if they have reached their limit and include instructions / walk through / tips on how to reduce disk usage, or how to upgrade your hosting package in the event that you simply cant reduces your usage.

In the event that a client does happen to miss these twice per day emails and upgrades only a week after their next service renewal we gladly waiver the overage fee.

Good Morning Jade,

We are sorry to hear about your client's negative experience with us.

We would like to contact you to find out more about the matter. Please kindly send a contact number, as well as a client code to our inbox on this platform.

We will get in touch shortly.

Sincerely,
1-grid

gfmalan

Expert Member
With sites like Hello Peter, the SP always reply with a message that we are sorry to hear, and please come into contact with us...

I would like to see/hear the outcome of this, to see how 1-Grid handle this.

I’m in this industry and have clients with them. Hetzner also charge over usauge, but it isn’t that much makes me wonder...

I know the mobile providers can give you a bill like this, and you have to pay, but hosting providers? It didn’t cost them this amount to allow the client to use more space on the server.

I would’nt send a invoice like this to my client before I made a call and discuss the issue and why we have to invoice this kind of amount.

Adenoid Hynkel

Expert Member
I would’nt send a invoice like this to my client before I made a call and discuss the issue and why we have to invoice this kind of amount.

Not defending them or their pricing, but their billing system is probably fully automated.