racist ringtone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like freedom of speech is as dead. You are only free to express your opinions if they are the same as the "in crowd"

Funny how it is the "enlightened" liberals that killed it off :(
 
charl.voster said:
Seems like freedom of speech is as dead. You are only free to express your opinions if they are the same as the "in crowd"

Funny how it is the "enlightened" liberals that killed it off :(

Why did you delete your "Don't knock it until you hear it. It's hilarious!" post then?
 
I love it how people are labelled as intolerant when they're not on the receiving end.

You haven't answered my question charl.voster.

If it was you on the receiving end would you be so forgiving? Considering the crap storm that the "kill the boer" and "one boer one bullet" fiasco became a few years back, I think this is a case of double standards. Hate speech is hate speech, and inciting violence isn't funny at all.
 
teraside said:
Can a person delete their own posts?
n00b! :eek:

LOL just kidding, maybe check out the options after pressing edit and going to advanced ;)
 
I think it was ruled "one settler, one bullet" is indeed not hate speech?
 
Highflyer_GP said:
n00b! :eek:

LOL just kidding, maybe check out the options after pressing edit and going to advanced ;)

hehe, I don't follow the whole forums progress, I'm pretty sure it wasn't always available :), but thanks for teaching your friend sumthin okay ;)
 
wallace said:
I think it was ruled "one settler, one bullet" is indeed not hate speech?

How exactly?? The same thing about black people, no mater how polite the language would cause a huge upraor and be banned officially.

Doesnt matter whether it is hate speech or not, nonoe would tolerate that being said officially by whites.

And Tibby, you say blacks have moved on.. really.. you know that is not totally true. Many black people are still racist, I see it in my school even. Well I mean coloured people then, there are almost no black kids in my school. But people of colour have not totally moved on you cant just put that as a blanket on them and say whites (what you were implying) havent.
 
I have not heard it,but do they mention what type of bakkie?...ony joking
 
wallace said:
I think it was ruled "one settler, one bullet" is indeed not hate speech?
Regardless, did the quote itself not piss a lot of people off?
 
charl.voster said:
Intolerant people like you belong in the past.

I won't tolerate blatently offensive, racist propoganda thinly disguised as humour.

If anything... it's this crap and your "it's hilarious" attitude towards it, that belong in the past.
 
Last edited:
I'd love to see you guys have say these things to each other face to face, maybe after a brandy or two.. *ducks* :D
 
Is it as funny and high quality as the Zuma song?

Where can I download it so I can judge for myself ;-)
 
Hoe ry die boere sit sit so sit sit so 'Hoera!:D
 
Ekhaatvensters said:
But people of colour have not totally moved on you cant just put that as a blanket on them and say whites (what you were implying) havent.

And as I said earlier they are minority but unfortunately their actions grabs the press and creates a negative impression on the rest.
 
tibby.dude said:
And as I said earlier they are minority but unfortunately their actions grabs the press and creates a negative impression on the rest.
There are far to many isolated incidents that are grabbed out of context, highlighted, then used as a stick to beat a particular race. The Tshwane statue & flag is a good example, as is the "crime whingers can leave" debate. There is racist behaviour on both sides - if there is a side at all. Lets not make a meal of a ringtone which someone mischievously created at home to impress his/her friends.:rolleyes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X