Rain 5G. I am impressed!

mrlgm007

Any speedtest to substantiate your claims?
Likewise my upload has also gone down 50+ all the time now not even 28 MB not as stable as once was

Jumping between 2 towers all the time and i just want to be locked to the one

1595494447942.png

nad_isa

they probably move you to towers based on various factors e.g. load etc. so don't think its something you can control really..unless they do something.

rain_networks

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Likewise my upload has also gone down 50+ all the time now not even 28 MB not as stable as once was

Jumping between 2 towers all the time and i just want to be locked to the one

View attachment 879675
I know this is not what you want to hear, but the only way to stop pinging between sites is to move the CPE. As the signal fluctuates you randomly can get slightly better RSRP from one site and the CPE will immediately try and latch to it, so you need to try to make sure that one site is "blocked" to the point that your connected tower is always better. Sometimes, don't put it too high or mount it against the wall rather than on top.

Evil-Twin

Speedtests taken between 15:50 and 15:58 through MyBroadband, Speedtest.net and Speedtest.co.za.

MyBroadband:

1554 mybb.PNG

Speedtest.net:

1554 speedtest dot net.PNG

Speedtest.co.za:

1554 speedtest dot co dot za.PNG

nad_isa

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: I took the plunge and ordered yesterday - received it this morning. Lets see how it goes. I haven't cancelled my adsl yet as I want to test it out.

Evil-Twin

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: I took the plunge and ordered yesterday - received it this morning. Lets see how it goes. I haven't cancelled my adsl yet as I want to test it out.
Sounds good... Which service did you order? 4G (LTE) or 5G? I noticed when I first got my device it did not work for the first day as RICA takes around 24 hours, so just be aware of that. I'd love to see your speedtest results.

nad_isa

Sounds good... Which service did you order? 4G (LTE) or 5G? I noticed when I first got my device it did not work for the first day as RICA takes around 24 hours, so just be aware of that. I'd love to see your speedtest results.

5G I was hesitant due to all the feedback on here about degradation of service. Let's see. I'm on 10mbps adsl so even bad days should be what I'm getting now...

powermzii

Expert Member
5G I was hesitant due to all the feedback on here about degradation of service. Let's see. I'm on 10mbps adsl so even bad days should be what I'm getting now...

Let us know how the activation and setup goes :) - some speedtests also

nad_isa

Please post here as well or share the link to your other thread, I am interested to see your speedtest results...

Will do. no speedtest results yet - haven't setup yet..

HP10BII

Need to filter out all my fiber results but here are some more

Hi Under Sky, can you share your network info screen if you don't mind, I received mine on Monday and am busy finding the right position. However it is slow going seeing as I don't know what most of the numbers mean.
Below is mine. still inside my house, will move outisde to go and test if I understand better what I am aiming to get. My Download speeds are not Bad, but I would prefer to increase the upload to your stability.
1595583147162.png

Below is my current speed, Yes it was tested over Wifi and not LAN cable
1595583733148.png

nad_isa

Please post here as well or share the link to your other thread, I am interested to see your speedtest results...

initial tests are up...

SeaSickMama

Expert Member
Hi Under Sky, can you share your network info screen if you don't mind, I received mine on Monday and am busy finding the right position. However it is slow going seeing as I don't know what most of the numbers mean.
Below is mine. still inside my house, will move outisde to go and test if I understand better what I am aiming to get. My Download speeds are not Bad, but I would prefer to increase the upload to your stability.
View attachment 880355

Below is my current speed, Yes it was tested over Wifi and not LAN cable
View attachment 880359
Im at my other house that has fiber i will be there on Monday again, but i recall my NR is -72 dBm and the NR is 12 to 18 dB
I pretty much have line of sight of the tower.
Your noise etc stats are very good your upload is just kak which can be a few things i rate yours is using the 4G to upload.

I have got the VIP router which isnt like yours; it doesnt use 4G mine only 5G all the way.
Also they dont give out the VIP Outdoor CPE anymore.
It has a outdoor unit and a Q2 indoor unit, very nice combo just around R20k so i think they moved away from it

• Love
Reactions: Yuu