Rain and storm for Cpt

Segg

Expert Member
Yep! indeed..... I have a mate who is a dentist and a herb/plant type and he came back home recently, He enjoys walks in the desert int he early morning and sent me snaps , he was pretty excited at finding new life in the desert after the rains.....

The snails came out from under the ground in search of food....

View attachment 873373

These be purple desert snails....

View attachment 873375

And the dormant plants under the sands started coming to life...

View attachment 873377

The dry pan to the South of the town also started to fill again, this is an important wetland for birds and has been in dire straits due to the drought!

View attachment 873379

Forgive me for posting , but thought some of you weather Fundi's might find it of interest.... :)
It's always interesting to see whats happening regarding weather in the region, in the years to come I'll definitely be looking back at these Wx threads, who knows, 20 years from now they could give some researchers some good qualitative data

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Yep! indeed..... I have a mate who is a dentist and a herb/plant type and he came back home recently, He enjoys walks in the desert int he early morning and sent me snaps , he was pretty excited at finding new life in the desert after the rains.....

The snails came out from under the ground in search of food....

View attachment 873373

These be purple desert snails....

View attachment 873375

And the dormant plants under the sands started coming to life...

View attachment 873377

The dry pan to the South of the town also started to fill again, this is an important wetland for birds and has been in dire straits due to the drought!

View attachment 873379

Forgive me for posting , but thought some of you weather Fundi's might find it of interest.... :)
Love these posts. Puts things into context and fascinating how nature can utilise what it gets!

genetic

Honorary Master
It's always interesting to see whats happening regarding weather in the region, in the years to come I'll definitely be looking back at these Wx threads, who knows, 20 years from now they could give some researchers some good qualitative data
I think their historical and accurate weather data records will be more resourceful than a thread on MyBB :p

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
This is why you should have an indoor braai - you keep warm and you feed yourself
We all have an indoor braai --- it is called a stove and a grid pan.

No, a braai is something intangible and a total experience, not just about the source of heat to burn (er cook) the meat.

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
7pm and the wind is starting to pick up nicely here in Somerset West while i braai :giggle:
Looking forward to going to work tomorrow on my jetski !!!!