Rain and storm for Cpt

saor

Honorary Master
@Foxhound5366 How different is Maps Plus Codes from Mapcodes?

Google Maps Plus Codes
Google recently added its Plus Codes feature for users of its Android Maps app.

A Plus Code is a digital address derived from latitude and longitude coordinates which mimics a street address for people who don’t have one.

The code appears as a simple alphanumeric code which can be combined with a locality (for example, 7656+5G, Pretoria, South Africa).

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
@Foxhound5366 How different is Maps Plus Codes from Mapcodes?
Plus Codes need you to add a region in plain text at the end, to get the shortest code possible. Otherwise they turn out really long. Mapcodes just have a country code, so RDD.2J will resolve to a single location in South Africa. Try it out for the same locations and let me know what you find ;) I'd be keen to hear your thoughts on the relative complexity.

MirageF1

Executive Member
Front is back.

Steady, strong downpours since early eve.

Wind has increased. although only moderately..nothing like the ferocity and strong gusts we had a day ago.
Just heard the rumble of thunder in the distance.

saor

Honorary Master
Front is back.

Steady, strong downpours since early eve.

Wind has increased. although only moderately..nothing like the ferocity and strong gusts we had a day ago.
Just heard the rumble of thunder in the distance.

It's crazy the changes.
We're back to dead-still outside again.

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
Walked around the estate before coming to work this morning, huge downpour sometime during the wee hours, but must say I am disappointed about the cold,........ I was expecting way colder air, this is just so disappointing, I postponed today's braai because I was expecting icy stuff...... :(