Rain APN - Vodafone mobile router

Zothani

Please help

I have a Rain sim and would like to use it with a Vodafone mobile router.
however I am struggling to configurate the APN etc.
What is the IPv4 + IPv6 APN ? and the IPv4 + IPv6 APN DNS1 ? it will not allow me to go further without this information.

Or is there another way around this ?

Please help

Geselskap

Please help

What is the IPv4 + IPv6 APN ? and the IPv4 + IPv6 APN DNS1 ? it will not allow me to go further without this information.

Please help

Is this mobile router 4G enabled?

Zothani

Is this mobile router 4G enabled?

Yes it is - Its all fixed up now and it connects .... My only problem now is it works everywhere else just fine excep in my house - As ssoon as i walk out the gate it works....

Ashgov

Please help

Please help
Hi how did you do this did you ,was your old Vodacom sim.in when you changed the settings or was your rain sim in when you changed the settings .

cavedog

Honorary Master
Do i change those settings ( Apn) on my phone with my Rain simcard inside my phone ?

Yes you have to add them under APN settings or you won't have data. Most android phones do mot have apn settings for Rain build in so the apn settings are blank.

Reactions: Yuu

Jossygp015

This answer is not brief, I’m using iPhone, what do i do, step by step, everything is blank , mobile data, LTE setup , MMS and Personal hotspot

BradleyKZN

Expert Member
This answer is not brief, I’m using iPhone, what do i do, step by step, everything is blank , mobile data, LTE setup , MMS and Personal hotspot
I think go to mobile data, or LTE setup. One of them should have APN settings

Subways81

Got the activation email today, ive set the APN as Rain, but no dice, not connecting or showing any signal bars. Im using an "older" Vodafone MiFi device, but it used to connect to Vodacom 4G so I reckon it should be sufficient.

Subways81

Got the activation email today, ive set the APN as Rain, but no dice, not connecting or showing any signal bars. Im using an "older" Vodafone MiFi device, but it used to connect to Vodacom 4G so I reckon it should be sufficient.

Spoke to soon, reboted the router and its connected now. Cant say im overly impressed with the speedtest results though, 40ms ping, 7mbps down, 10mbps up.

Jnr247

Rain sim cards only work on 4G enabled routers.
I tried the settings on a Vodafone R209-Z router and the settings did not work.
After contacting Rain support I was advised at the aforementioned.

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member
- EDIT - Below works... plugged the device into a new USB port and restarted the app...

1591263156314.png

I have to leave "Network Type" on auto or it finds no cell towers...
1591263247090.png

Last edited:

AbLondon

Can you please help... My 4G connection has been going off since the beginning of last week. But from Friday it started going off totally I have to go to out in the street to look for internet connection. I've tried adding a now APN but its not helping. I even inserted the sim on a different device, still no luck.

What could be the problem, help...

Jan2604

I done these settings on my son vodacom router

Attachments

• IMG-20200923-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20200923-WA0001.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG-20200923-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20200923-WA0000.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 81

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Hi Jan2604

Could you please, tell me what is the make and model number of the Vodacom router you using?