Rain High Ping

Scorpion101

Hi Guys,

I recently noticed a increase in upload speed from 50mb to 70mb. On the downside my ping has increased from 11ms to 34ms.

The increase in ping is what concerns me as i do utilize the line for online gaming. I just wanted to confirm if this has been a blanket
roll-out which has effected other Rain users as well. Thanks

MikeTosen

Jip saw that as well, think it is something they did to try and improve stability.
After that change speeds were more stable but crappy ping

Scorpion101

Jip saw that as well, think it is something they did to try and improve stability.
After that change speeds were more stable but crappy ping
Thanks for the reply buddy, much appreciated. I guess those who would utilize 5G for gaming would notice the ping increase.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
All about routing and the no of hops and the number of partners and the settings and .....
Rain is flopping around like fish out of the rain while they fumble to fix their backbone infrastructure.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Rain dropped wiocc as transit provider. Very disappointing because they had decent routes to EU.
So the number crunchers decided to make their books look good for the grand statement did they?
Why do they think the other options were cheaper?

Snow11

Rain dropped wiocc as transit provider. Very disappointing because they had decent routes to EU.
Didnt Cool Ideas also switch away from them?
Might be wrong on this but I do remember something like this.

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Hi Guys,

I recently noticed a increase in upload speed from 50mb to 70mb. On the downside my ping has increased from 11ms to 34ms.

The increase in ping is what concerns me as i do utilize the line for online gaming. I just wanted to confirm if this has been a blanket
roll-out which has effected other Rain users as well. Thanks

Hi @Scorpion101 please provide me with the email address that is linked to your rain account.

McGuywer

Executive Member
Something is a foot cause some times it low and others high i picked up the paths change now and then on winmtr

Ping: 17ms
Download: 108.91Mbps
Upload: 27.12Mbps
I have noticed that pings to 196.25.1.1 (Saix server) has been as high as 200ms+, no it is down to between 30 and 40ms.

Scorpion101

Something is wrong on the network. It's not affecting speeds but latency spikes and then slowly drops down and the spikes up and then slowly drops down again.....

If you look at the low values they are pretty good.

View attachment 917287
True that definately is not normal. @Rain rep a response to this would be appreciated since many if not all on this site are experiencing this issue.