Rain/RAM Couriers Bad Service Delivery

lsetlhodi

I purchased unlimited 4G 24/7 on the 10th of April. Rain dispatched it the following wee to RAMS and until this day I am waiting for the Sim arrival.

Firstly I received an SMS that RAM got the parcel and nothing happened until I went to track it of which it was said that RAM tried contacting me and I was unreachable (Which is a lie as I have never gotten any missed call from them).

The I called and a nice lady named Mbali assisted me and scheduled the parcel for the next day and she advised that the issue was with the address. I found this confusing because the tracker said they could not get hold of me. She then even updated the address to my alternative and advised the driver will call when they are coming for delivery.

This driver did not do as I was told, he called and told me that he does not deliver to my address and thus he will return with it. When I told him of the arrangement he did not give a toss. I told him I'd meet him at the original address in less than 5 minutes he told me he cannot wait and I was there in less than the time and the driver was not there. I asked if there had been a delivery for me and they told me no one came, which means the driver did not even bother delivering my parcel. He just called to confirm the address and told me he does not deliver to my address, so at this point it didn't matter which address was in question he would've just gave an excuse and ducked because.

I noticed that both occasions when my parcel could not be delivered the next day would be a holiday, so RAM give themselves an extra long weekend.
I called in numerous occasions trying to escalate the issue and some agent will make me hold for 10 to 15 minutes until the phone eventually cuts. Today again I called and I was transferred to the supervisor and I waited and once again the phone cut off.

I cancelled my contract with Telkom in favour of RAIN and now as a RAIN customer I have to deal with RAM?
I feel like RAIN does not have a feedback loop because you have to wonder why my SIM isn't online since I bought it a while back.

So, I can't escalate to RAM so, I don't even know if I should cancel my order.

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Hi lsetlhodi,

Please drop us a DM with the email address linked to your rain account so we can further investigate your query?

lsetlhodi

Hi, thanks for the quick reply, I just sent you a DM.
Just a heads up. I got an SMS stating that my parcel will be delivered today. No estimated time was given and thus far I have not received any call from RAM.

Looking at the time and the fact that I have not been contacted yet, chances are they will say they were unable to contact me and return the parcel back.

This is very typical of them, and I can assure you that my phone is on, I've been getting work phone calls.

wernerdp

Had a similar problem with RAM , no missed calls , and when I went and look at the tracking . They added , could not find address . 5 sec google map search and you have me.

lsetlhodi

Had a similar problem with RAM , no missed calls , and when I went and look at the tracking . They added , could not find address . 5 sec google map search and you have me.
Apparently this is a known issue. A lot of people that are using RAIN have had similar complaints and some even cancelled their orders.
Then this begs the question - Why is RAIN so hell bent to use a service that serves as a detriment to their reputation?
I've ordered a whole lot of stuff online ranging from Takealot to Amazon and I have received them using the exact same address.

I challenge RAIN to look into all their cancelled orders and do a survey on how effective and efficient their courier partner is/was to those that received the SIMs. Such a shame how customer satisfaction does not matter.

lsetlhodi

I'll need to cancel the order? How does one go about that now and how long would it take for a refund?

lsetlhodi

What a joke, they confirmed what I've predicted earlier on the day. They keep getting good at their reasoning, apparently I didn't have a "Current proof of residence". These guys are really creative, it cracks me up. So Rain what to do now?
View attachment 835751

lsetlhodi

What a joke, they confirmed what I've predicted earlier on the day. They keep getting good at their reasoning, apparently I didn't have a "Current proof of residence". These guys are really creative, it cracks me up. So Rain what to do now?
View attachment 835751
Need I remind you that they never showed up nor called but for some odd reasons I did not have a current proof of residence

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Need I remind you that they never showed up nor called but for some odd reasons I did not have a current proof of residence
Hi lsethlodi,

We really do apologize for the experience with your delivery thus far.

The matter has been escalated to the managerial team for investigation and an update will be provided once received.

Regards,
rain_mobile

lsetlhodi

Hi lsethlodi,

We really do apologize for the experience with your delivery thus far.

The matter has been escalated to the managerial team for investigation and an update will be provided once received.

Regards,
rain_mobile
Hi there

Any progress?

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Hi lsethlodi,

I have followed up with the team and have been updated that RAM is going to re-deliver during the course of today.

Please keep us updated

Regards,
rain_mobile

lsetlhodi

Hi lsethlodi,

I have followed up with the team and have been updated that RAM is going to re-deliver during the course of today.

Please keep us updated

Regards,
rain_mobile
Hi

I got an SMS saying they are delivering today. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
You guys do take a Bank Statement as Proof of Residence, right?

lsetlhodi

Honestly, start preparing a backup plan. this bad service you are getting, will only continue
I know hey, I have a feeling I will get the same crap today. Then again, it's up to Rain to dig deeper into their customer relationship management and eradicate the cancer that's impacting it badly. Actually they might as well hire me to do that since it seems there's an issue. As the saying goes where there's a problem, there's definitely an opportunity:cool:

tmanesu

Just out of curiosity, how has been your experience with the internet from RAIN so far?