Rain slow upload speeds

rpm

Admin
Staff member
We have received numerous complaints about slow upload speeds on Rain, and our own speed tests have now shown that the average upload speed in some regions are less than 1Mbps, while download speeds remain good.

Have you seen slow upload speeds on Rain, and if so, in which region are you?

Also: It will be great if you can do a MyBroadband Speed Test using the Speed Test App (for Rain Mobile), or the Browser-based Speed Test (for fixed LTE-A).

cygx1

Banned
abysmal...quite often 0.01 Mbps which is essentially useless, and speed tests often fail to complete due to uploads never finishing.

werny

Expert Member
Same this side, has been like this since Tuesday... :mad:

1.PNG

ghostim

Expert Member
Ping: 22ms
Download: 78.98Mbps
Upload: 68.37Mbps

Tp-link M7450 mifi
PTA CBD

Last edited:

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Same this side, has been like this since Tuesday... :mad:
Thanks for the speed test - can you please also do a speed test using the MyBroadband Speed Test App? That data really helps us to pick up these problems.

RichardG

Honorary Master
Experiencing the same problem with slow upload speeds even spent hours on the internet changing settings on Microsoft Windows Publicy (QoS) etc even as far as changing network settings on the card etc but nothing has changed..

Johannesburg Area

werny

Expert Member
Thanks for the speed test - can you please also do a speed test using the MyBroadband Speed Test App? That data really helps us to pick up these problems.
Unfortunately cannot do so right now, at work currently :(

But I can assure you it is a problem at the moment, Cape Town especially, quite a few colleagues at work has the exact same issue. Brackenfell/Bellville/Goodwood/Parow areas.

werny

Expert Member
When making use of MyBroadBand speedtest have noticed slower download / upload speed normally should be the other way around..
Exactly the reason why I don't use MyBroadbands speedtest anymore, tests are always slower than on Speedtest.net.

ghostim

Expert Member
test at 08:24

Ping: 20ms
Download: 43.7Mbps
Upload: 100.94Mbps
Tp-link M7450 mifi
PTA CBD

And my average download speed with "https" between 01:00 and 06:00 (am) is 6.7MBs in Centurion.

8.30am

myBB
Ping
18ms
Download
83.75Mbps
Upload
8.42Mbps

Speedtest.net
PING ms
DOWNLOAD Mbps
UPLOAD Mbps

Will test this evening, the myBB speedtest is affected by the shaping protocols they've implemented.

ghostim

Expert Member
RPM
if the location and device are included it could paint a better picture.

Mean_Monster

So rpm what is raining saying about this problem and what are they going to do about it. Maybe MyBroadband should do an article?
If this carries on much longer they are going to loose out on 20 sim cards I was planning on getting.

Pixual

Expert Member
This started yesterday and is getting worse.

It's not possible to run with this slow upload speed. It is killing my work.