Rain slow upload speeds

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
I just found this thread now as I am also using rain. Have been having issues since I got the sim. Have even bought an external antennae to try and help with the non existent upload speed. Here is my speed test:

Hi Marizanne86,

Please drop us a DM with the email address linked to your rain account so we can further investigate your query?

Spalding#1

We have received numerous complaints about slow upload speeds on Rain, and our own speed tests have now shown that the average upload speed in some regions are less than 1Mbps, while download speeds remain good.

Have you seen slow upload speeds on Rain, and if so, in which region are you?

Also: It will be great if you can do a MyBroadband Speed Test using the Speed Test App (for Rain Mobile), or the Browser-based Speed Test (for fixed LTE-A).
Ping: 31ms
Download: 1.49Mbps
Upload: 2.66Mbps
Speed Test today, Potchefstroom

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
I have a signal tower two roads away from my home and I'm stuck on 500kbps download but 7mbps upload
Hi Weedahond,

Please can you share with us, the email address linked to your rain account so we can have a look into this for you?

Regards,
rain_mobile

Wesleygwinter

We have received numerous complaints about slow upload speeds on Rain, and our own speed tests have now shown that the average upload speed in some regions are less than 1Mbps, while download speeds remain good.

Have you seen slow upload speeds on Rain, and if so, in which region are you?

Also: It will be great if you can do a MyBroadband Speed Test using the Speed Test App (for Rain Mobile), or the Browser-based Speed Test (for fixed LTE-A).

Attachments

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Hi Wesleygwinter,

I apologies profusely for your experience.

Please drop us a DM with your email address linked to your rain profile so i can investigate your connection speeds.

Evil-Twin

I think the upload speed is quite reasonable... It could be better, but I am certainly not complaining with a result as good as this:

mybb.PNG

Gahno

Just found this thread, please assist I been complaining about the upload speed since I first started using Rain last month.

Ping: 20ms
Download: 2.75Mbps
Upload: 0.08Mbps

Untitled.png