Rain slow upload speeds

phly

Expert Member
[MENTION=16630]StoneCold[/MENTION] Yes I do have a B618 but I should be able to replicate similar speeds even with a 4G MIFI like the one bundled with their 30days free uncapped option.

Caldria

Having the exact same issues - for about 3 days now. It's caused me to miss critical deadlines which has caused major issues with my work now. My upload is unusable right now, unable to even upload progress shots - never mind the final files.

If I'm lucky and the speedtest even works (without getting the upload error) I'm getting about 0.10 to 0.26 upload. And while watching the speed test, I can see the upload is dead for 80% of the test until it picks up a little at the end.

Pixual

Expert Member
My Rain speeds have always been very good and very consistent, barring one or two days when things didn't go well. Right now I am in the same boat as Caldria. Can't upload anything for work or otherwise.

Afrihost say it is only affecting some clients, so let's hope it gets resolved ASAP.

Pixual

Expert Member
Have now spoken to Afrihost representative who confirms that apparently the Rain LTE network is seriously congested with all the new sign-ups. They have no idea when the upload speeds will be sorted out.

Feckin idiots.

eg2505

Honorary Master
will check later on tonight, will post results from east rand area.

but been random this entire week.

phly

Expert Member
with or without antenna
Without antenna. It’s been working fine on my desk since fixed LTE days last year so all I did was pop in my rain mobile sim. Haven’t moved it or enhanced it in any way be it externally or internally in terms of settings

OldCrowEW

Received for my RainFixed LTE. "The Rain Networks team is investigating an issue affecting decreased upload speeds on the Rain Fixed Wireless network. Please visit our status page for updates. Sincere apologies for any inconveniences. Afrihost"

OldCrowEW

Ok, just ran a speed test, and looks normal for me:

rain fixed lte.PNG

Edited to add an Ookla test:

rain fixed lte 2.jpg

Last edited:

davyb

Same problem went from between 15 to 20Mbps upload to less then 1meg. Terrible gaming experience.

Dan C

Honorary Master
Same problem went from between 15 to 20Mbps upload to less then 1meg. Terrible gaming experience.
Why would gaming experience have anything to do with upload speeds ? If you can do 0.5 Mbps and good latency you would be fine.