Recommendations for email solution for 150 user 400 mailbox environment

Sapphiron

Expert Member
Hi All

I am looking for recommendations for a relatively high volume email hosting solution. They have 150 users and 400 mailboxes across 4 domains. They do not require email storage as they have a CRM system that downloads and stores all incoming emails. The CRM system also sends the emails via SMTP

They are currently using shared hosting from Afrihost and 1-Grid, which is becoming increasingly unreliable. issues range from delayed receiving and sending of emails, non-delivery of emails and

One option we were considering is recommending that they move to the largest shared hosting plan with Domains.co.za, but I am concerned that the root cause of their issues is their email volume, combined with the shared nature of these types of email services.

The other consideration is to go to a top-tier email provider, like office 365 or Google G-suite, but that would be cost prohibitive.

Does anyone have any experience with an intermediate cost solution? maybe a standard Cpanel type server, but using a dedicated software stack and VPS Hardware. It will need to be a fully managed solution.

Telasera

Telasera representative
Company Rep
Hi Sapphiron,

Why not opt for email delivery using a dedicated SMTP relay provider like SendGrid or many others.
They usually offer a great Web-Gui and log non delivery and can even assist with tracking etc.

This way you wont have to rely on your hosting providers SMTP server or the IP reputation.

ubercal

Expert Member
Hi All

I am looking for recommendations for a relatively high volume email hosting solution. They have 150 users and 400 mailboxes across 4 domains. They do not require email storage as they have a CRM system that downloads and stores all incoming emails. The CRM system also sends the emails via SMTP

They are currently using shared hosting from Afrihost and 1-Grid, which is becoming increasingly unreliable. issues range from delayed receiving and sending of emails, non-delivery of emails and

One option we were considering is recommending that they move to the largest shared hosting plan with Domains.co.za, but I am concerned that the root cause of their issues is their email volume, combined with the shared nature of these types of email services.

The other consideration is to go to a top-tier email provider, like office 365 or Google G-suite, but that would be cost prohibitive.

Does anyone have any experience with an intermediate cost solution? maybe a standard Cpanel type server, but using a dedicated software stack and VPS Hardware. It will need to be a fully managed solution.

office 365 finished and klaar