Replacement charger needed for Gigabyte Q1000 Netbook

Bar0n

Executive Member
I am in need of a replacement charger for my netbook, seems the one I currently have has a loose wire somewhere (it works if I wiggle the bit by the transformer).

I know some of the MyBB members sell hardware on the side, and if anyone (reputable members ;) ) has stock of this charger at a reasonable price, I'd definitely be interested in buying.

Charger model: Delta Electronics ADP-30JH B
Input: 100-240V ~ 1.2A
Output: 19V ~ 1.58A

This alternative charger seems to fit the required output specs, but I'm not sure if the pins will fit into my netbook: http://www.prophecy.co.za/gigabyte-odinm-notebook-adapter-with-convertible-plug-tips-p-159229.html

thehuman

Expert Member
Someone can break charger open carefully, and cut / resolder wires, as good as new :)

Bar0n

Executive Member
Someone can break charger open carefully, and cut / resolder wires, as good as new :)

Unfortunately that's outside the realm of my expertise. :p

The wire seems a bit frazzled anyway, I think I should just buy a new one.

CataclysmZA

Executive Member
Find a decent TV repairs shop, ask them to fix your charger for you. It'll cost you a damn sight less than a new one. If you have no luck and there's a Rectron in your area, try pop into there and see if they'll sell you a spare charger.

Bar0n

Executive Member
Find a decent TV repairs shop, ask them to fix your charger for you. It'll cost you a damn sight less than a new one. If you have no luck and there's a Rectron in your area, try pop into there and see if they'll sell you a spare charger.

Does Rectron sell to the public these days?

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
Yu need to make sure that the wattage is right. 90 - 100 watts should do for a netbook, otherwise the charger will burn out under load.

secondly, make sure your voltage is correct. These universal type adapters have a voltage switch.

I have a spare always - pity you are probably not in my area - could have had you up and running already.Mind you, s'pose I could have done the solder work too.

Sind Sie Deutsch mit einen namen wie Baron (von Richthofen)?

Bar0n

Executive Member
Yu need to make sure that the wattage is right. 90 - 100 watts should do for a netbook, otherwise the charger will burn out under load.

secondly, make sure your voltage is correct. These universal type adapters have a voltage switch.

I have a spare always - pity you are probably not in my area - could have had you up and running already.Mind you, s'pose I could have done the solder work too.

Sind Sie Deutsch mit einen namen wie Baron (von Richthofen)?

Think I read somewhere the netbook only needs about 30W. Since it's broke anyway, I could probably try opening it and soldering it.

I'm not German, no, just a fan of Freiherr von Richthofen. ;)

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
Think I read somewhere the netbook only needs about 30W. Since it's broke anyway, I could probably try opening it and soldering it.

I'm not German, no, just a fan of Freiherr von Richthofen. ;)

Cool.

sajunky

Honorary Master
Yip, easy way. But stop wiggling, it could damage your netbook.