Roaming on LTE

John8

Was hoping someone discovered a magic trick or knows someone that knows someone that knows someone to click a magic tickbox at Telkom to allow my LTE package to work on Telkom-R. (By default the pakage only allows native Telkom-SA network which was fine when we were living in CPT, but since moving to a remote destination, I discovered theres no use for my 20GB contract (still contracted another year) as the Telkom tower was decommed and Telkom seemingly opted not to fix but instead only relies on roaming aggreement with Vodacom in the area.

My normal Telkom Freeme sim works perfect. I checled all roaming options, but nothig works. Would be great to be able to use this as a failover when my WISP acts up.

Any advice/help?

The LTE package does fallback on 3G too, and already tried the Poynting antenne route on my B315 to no avail.

Thanks to all in advance (even if it is bad news)

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
It's only on the Telkom network unfortunately. Nothing anyone can do.

netstrider

Expert Member
Was hoping someone discovered a magic trick or knows someone that knows someone that knows someone to click a magic tickbox at Telkom to allow my LTE package to work on Telkom-R. (By default the pakage only allows native Telkom-SA network which was fine when we were living in CPT, but since moving to a remote destination, I discovered theres no use for my 20GB contract (still contracted another year) as the Telkom tower was decommed and Telkom seemingly opted not to fix but instead only relies on roaming aggreement with Vodacom in the area.

My normal Telkom Freeme sim works perfect. I checled all roaming options, but nothig works. Would be great to be able to use this as a failover when my WISP acts up.

Any advice/help?

The LTE package does fallback on 3G too, and already tried the Poynting antenne route on my B315 to no avail.

Thanks to all in advance (even if it is bad news)
Depends on the package, most Telkom contracts are Telkom only as far as I know.

You will also have to enable roaming on the router if it is not enabled already.

John8

Hi Guys. So I thought to just share an update. So ive managed by hook or by crook (not sharing any details for the fear of the "loophole" being closed), but Im able to get full 4G now. only catch is that I still cant use the 10GB bundles and have to purchase additional "any network bundles" but for the scope of my requirement, all is now working as I needed it to :) Now I have a fully setup failover to LTE if my wISP acts up (bought 1GB valid for 6 months just to keep the Zoom meetings going).

No further comment :p - Thanks all.