Rocky start with Afrihost

OtakuD

New fibre sign up here, was very excited to get the ball rolling with Afrihost since I heard such great things, all been very frustrating in reality though. Firstly there seems to be no way to comfortably migrate from another internet type (LTE) to fibre since most ISPs require 30 days to cancel their service, which I since did. Confirmed with Afrihost TWICE that installation usually takes 7 days, sometimes 14 if you're unluck so I cancelled at the appropriate time to sync up. Today is day 14 with NO word from Frogfoot or Afrihost, contacted the support many times to see if anything was wrong, nothing was escalated.

Now I'm sitting on my last day of internet with no word of a fibre installation and no backup internet offered by them at all in the meantime. Just have to sit here twiddling my thumbs I guess or pay for another month with my old ISP and swallow the charges. Contacted Frogfoot to see if I could get any help and was greeted by an automated response telling me 2-4 weeks is a more common wait, so is Afrihost misleading customers here?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
New fibre sign up here, was very excited to get the ball rolling with Afrihost since I heard such great things, all been very frustrating in reality though. Firstly there seems to be no way to comfortably migrate from another internet type (LTE) to fibre since most ISPs require 30 days to cancel their service, which I since did. Confirmed with Afrihost TWICE that installation usually takes 7 days, sometimes 14 if you're unluck so I cancelled at the appropriate time to sync up. Today is day 14 with NO word from Frogfoot or Afrihost, contacted the support many times to see if anything was wrong, nothing was escalated.

Now I'm sitting on my last day of internet with no word of a fibre installation and no backup internet offered by them at all in the meantime. Just have to sit here twiddling my thumbs I guess or pay for another month with my old ISP and swallow the charges. Contacted Frogfoot to see if I could get any help and was greeted by an automated response telling me 2-4 weeks is a more common wait, so is Afrihost misleading customers here?

Hi,

I would like to assist.

Can you send me your clientzone email in a private message so I can assist.

Unfortunately there isn't an easy switch between LTE and Fibre. We accommodate clients as best we can when they switch over to Fibre. Frogfoot has a lead time of approximately 2 weeks.

chrisc

Executive Member
I got an Afrihost LTE service for my friend’s shop whilst he was in hospital with Covid

For the last 6 weeks I have been trying to change the account to my friend‘s name

The gent here got involved as the website operation does not work

Since then I have exchanged 15 emails with different people at Afrihost. Most frequently I receive a reply from a different person (6 now) with the same ticket number and asking “What do you want to do?” Its pretty obvious there is no internal communication at Afrihost at all

I thought I was making progress with someone in the accounts dept, but that faded away too. Today was yet another different Afrihost employee with an email asking for a whole lot of new info

To say I am completely fed up is putting it mildly. Enraged might be a better adjective. I have never dealt with such an inept bunch of people

This has caused me to lose any vestige of loyalty to Afrihost altogether

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
I got an Afrihost LTE service for my friend’s shop whilst he was in hospital with Covid

For the last 6 weeks I have been trying to change the account to my friend‘s name

The gent here got involved as the website operation does not work

Since then I have exchanged 15 emails with different people at Afrihost. Most frequently I receive a reply from a different person (6 now) with the same ticket number and asking “What do you want to do?” Its pretty obvious there is no internal communication at Afrihost at all

I thought I was making progress with someone in the accounts dept, but that faded away too. Today was yet another different Afrihost employee with an email asking for a whole lot of new info

To say I am completely fed up is putting it mildly. Enraged might be a better adjective. I have never dealt with such an inept bunch of people

This has caused me to lose any vestige of loyalty to Afrihost altogether

Hey,

Our ticketing system is designed to allow multiple agents to respond to a single ticket. It's designed this way to prevent a ticket from just staying on the open state when a particular agent is off shift. This reduces response times to email support. It's not unusually for a complicated query to have 8+ agents on a single support ticket. I'm sorry this caused more frustration as that is not the intention at all.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
You sidestepped the question - that is what my experience has been so far

The problem with your case is that the new owner does not have an account that can be picked up on the Afrihost system.

If that is resolved the transfer can happen quite easily.

akc

AFRIHOST
i had a problem with my fiber installation been done through frog foot and this chap AFRINATIC asked for some PM details, which was done and with in 30 to 40 minutes later low and behold all was done and sorted, but be it as it may this chap AFRINATIC does the best he can AFTER HOURS and he does it well.

OtakuD

AFRIHOST
i had a problem with my fiber installation been done through frog foot and this chap AFRINATIC asked for some PM details, which was done and with in 30 to 40 minutes later low and behold all was done and sorted, but be it as it may this chap AFRINATIC does the best he can AFTER HOURS and he does it well.

Thanks, that sounds hopeful, yet to receive any word from regional Frogfoot manager yet tho. :(

beans100

Honorary Master
.................., was very excited to get the ball rolling with Afrihost since I heard such great things, all been very frustrating in reality though. ............................

Ok.
Any other ISP's you'd consider?

OtakuD

Ok.
Any other ISP's you'd consider?
I chose Afrihost since they said the could get me online in 7-14days, everyone else I asked for quotes etc had no ETA. Afrihost now have updated me and said that they also have no ETA so I was mislead to begin with and am back to square one with R1247 in limbo, do you have other suggestions?

OtakuD

Just an update for all those concerned. We have found that the issue lies with our complex body corporate not being able to reply to the fibre request due to a lack of understanding of what it entails. There was no error on Afrihost's behalf but I will say that Frogfoot do not provide enough information to us as clients to make accurate assessments on how to aid in the process, we had no idea that the hold up was with them and instead made inaccurate assumptions due to being ill informed.

Thanks to all those involved, hopefully this will ne resolved in a timely manner now the issues have been cleared up.