rooting android

crudler

apologies if this has been asked before.
does anyone know if rooting your android voids the contract warranty?

Thanks

memphis32

apologies if this has been asked before.
does anyone know if rooting your android voids the contract warranty?

Thanks

Rooting an Android device is basically "unauthorized tampering" and would certainly void warranty. However, it's been known that service centers usually overlook this warranty as they have been known to service and repair phones that have been rooted and running custom roms... If the service center has to send the phone back to Samsung HQ for some weird reason, Samsung will reject the handset if found to be rooted... So that's where the difficulties come in...

Correct me if I'm wrong on this gents...

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Yes. Some devices are pre-rooted from the factory (Samsung Nexus phone was one of them) but otherwise, rooting voids the warranty.

That said, noting prevents you from flashing back the stock, unrooted operating system, thereby restoring the warranty. If your device has a custom-binary counter, such as those included with the S2+ Galaxies you can use counter-reset tools (root required). Triangle-away for the S2 not only resets the counter but also defaults the state to "Samsung Official", even though you are running a custom firmware.

Root away, IMO.

Last edited:

Park@82

Honorary Master
Yes. Some devices are pre-rooted from the factory (Samsung Nexus phone was one of them) but otherwise, rooting voids the warranty.

Really? Never heard that. Don't think that is true.

Necropolis

Executive Member
I highly doubt any phone comes pre-rooted. You will get phones that are easier to root than others but that is it.