Router installation, upload speeds and support issues

pzsysa

I ordered 5G for home premium on the 8th of May and received the CPE N5368X router on the 11th. Great service !
I spent a lot of time looking for the ideal outdoor installation location. In some places the download speed is around 220 Mbps !
I found one place where both the 4G and 5G indicators are green. Here the download speed is around 180 Mbps which is very acceptable.
The problem is that the upload speed is always less than 10 Mbps. I understand that this is because uploads happen via the 4G network. I expect a better upload speed. I use video conferencing and host a media server for friends and family. I currenly have fibre with 50 Mbps up.
I logged a support ticket with Rain Support but no response. The "Manage" button on the dashboard is also unresponsive. I tried a number of different browsers. How do I contact Rain support ?

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
I ordered 5G for home premium on the 8th of May and received the CPE N5368X router on the 11th. Great service !
I spent a lot of time looking for the ideal outdoor installation location. In some places the download speed is around 220 Mbps !
I found one place where both the 4G and 5G indicators are green. Here the download speed is around 180 Mbps which is very acceptable.
The problem is that the upload speed is always less than 10 Mbps. I understand that this is because uploads happen via the 4G network. I expect a better upload speed. I use video conferencing and host a media server for friends and family. I currenly have fibre with 50 Mbps up.
I logged a support ticket with Rain Support but no response. The "Manage" button on the dashboard is also unresponsive. I tried a number of different browsers. How do I contact Rain support ?
Hi pzsysa,

Please drop us a DM with the email address linked to your rain account so that we can further investigate your query?

pzsysa

I dropped you a DM, I responded to a mail from Kreesan Govender, I logged a support ticket 8 days ago.
I do not receive ANY feedback.

powermzii

Expert Member
I dropped you a DM, I responded to a mail from Kreesan Govender, I logged a support ticket 8 days ago.
I do not receive ANY feedback.

Is your upload not sufficient for online calls? Or do you expect / want more specifically for the home media server? Max upload ive seen on Teams calls is 2.5Mb on my setup (also with RAIN) hence the question

Migael69

Hi pzsysa,

Please drop us a DM with the email address linked to your rain account so that we can further investigate your query?

@rain_mobile how about YOU drop ME a DM. This seems to be your only response to any queries on here. I've been trying to get hold of any form of support and I've logged tickets to no avail. So please, get in touch. We need to talk.

under_sky

Expert Member
FYI no port forwarding on rain if you trying to run a plex etc.

this service gives me great upload around 70mbps but I don’t use it for that Although. Y signal is excellent and I have got the VIP outdoor unit with the q2 inside from rain. Just up your fibre Speed why bother with rain ?