Rugby in general.

APoc184

Honorary Master
Bath sneak it right at the end with a penalty conversation. Bath 25-24 London Irish

Luke Watson was instrumental in this win and certainly deserved the MOM award. He carried the ball well and I believe 100% that he won the game for Bath with that monster tackle at the end to get a turnover from the back of the scrum.

That being said, I believe Bath was a tad lucky to get away with a win here. If it was not for Watson and the rest of the forwards they would never have been in the position to take that final penalty. The Bath backline was terribly flat at bad on defense. Butch James was nowhere to be seen and they failed to use big guys like Banahan and Cuthbert to get them on the front foot.

London Irish also won the breakdown battle hands down.
The yellow card midway through the second half did not help them either.

APoc184

Honorary Master
http://www.irb.com/history/awards/index.html

Voting for the IRPA try of the year ends on 17 January.

View the tries on the IRB's website.

No South African players in the total of 18 nominations.
Shane Williams from Wales for the second year running has two nominations.
Three tries included from the Women's World Cup.

And my personal pick is the Mils Muliaina try. Although he should hand the award right over to Cory Jane for that awesome chip inside.
[video=youtube;KfmdoBM4Vqo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfmdoBM4Vqo[/video]

BeVonk!

Executive Member
Butch James was nowhere to be seen ...
He wants out but Bath doesn't want to let him go, so I expect him not to be as commited to the cause as he should be. This is the problem when players are bound by contracts they don't want anymore. Butch is desperate to get into the S15 as early as possible to give him a shot at the WC squad. The longer he's out of SA the harder it will be.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
There's another stadium move on the cards. The Pumas have agreed to play all 7 Currie Cup matches at Mbombela Stadium, in Nelspruit, this year. They will alsoplay 1 Vodacom Cup match there. Their other Vodacom Cup matches will likely remain at Puma Stadium, in Witbank.

APoc184

Honorary Master
Chilliboy and Bjorn Basson cleared of doping charges and are free to play.

Great news for the Bulls and SA rugby!

APoc184

Honorary Master
38 year old Springbok prop is set to make a return to the rugby field later this year.

Unfortunately I can only say who it is once he has finalised the deal.

Wellllll..... Os turns 39 later this year... :twisted: (my sister was at school with him).

iirc Garry Pagel was there as well (but before them).

Last edited:

APoc184

Honorary Master
Port Elizabeth was today awarded the rights to host the South African leg of the Sevens World Series.

APoc184

Honorary Master
Jip. Saw that and was just busy commenting there, but wanted it here as well for people that miss that thread and are subscribed to this one.