SA Post Office CEO Mark Barnes resigns

Jake45

Expert Member
Does this mean that the drone delivery plans are now on hold? o_O

Bad1

This man was turning around the post office, mail was slowly arriving on time, now they go against him, wonder who will replace him, hope it doesn't end up like eskom or transnet, he should publish which people caused the conflict and tryed to get him out,he was the boss he should tell his staff jump and they should ask how high sir not go against him, hope its not an uneducated person like people that ran eskom and transnet and probably most of anc, suprise us and show us post office wont turn into dog mess, start off by mail arriving on time,

naasier

Jack Parow will be adding a new line to his song, I miss.
... I miss the parties when my parents where gone
I miss the days when the post office could still deliver
I miss the days when the booze was still strong.....

elvis_presley

Expert Member
Damn, just when things were getting better - overseas parcels are coming through consistently in under a month, their backlog is cleared and no strikes for years. Hope they don't slide backwards again :(

I was even starting to use them to send smaller packages to my customers, quite reliable in 1-3 days countrywide for a fraction of the cost of a courier.

Gemsbok

As far as I am concerned the post office can close down completely..... Never sure If they are on strike or just lazy to work On a busy day there is only one person to serve the long waiting queue. I havent used their service in years. Rather use couriers....

j4ck455

Executive Member
The Post Office assured customers and the SA public that the departure of the outgoing CEO will not negatively impact the organisation’s operations.
Translation: he is dead wood, no one will notice when he is gone.

“To ensure continuity, Barnes will remain within the SA Post Office fold for a period to aid the transition of the interim Group CEO,” the SA Post Office said.
Translation: he has been demoted to mail sorter/pilferer until we are sure that he has not left any booby traps for the new CEO.

thechamp

Honorary Master
This man was turning around the post office, mail was slowly arriving on time, now they go against him, wonder who will replace him, hope it doesn't end up like eskom or transnet, he should publish which people caused the conflict and tryed to get him out,he was the boss he should tell his staff jump and they should ask how high sir not go against him, hope its not an uneducated person like people that ran eskom and transnet and probably most of anc, suprise us and show us post office wont turn into dog mess, start off by mail arriving on time,
You are rambling and being too emotional, something is clouding your judgement. There is a difference in the vision and strategy, that's it, no need to go shouting in the streets, you move on to other things, that is exactly what Barnes is doing.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
You are rambling and being too emotional, something is clouding your judgement. There is a difference in the vision and strategy, that's it, no need to go shouting in the streets, you move on to other things, that is exactly what Barnes is doing.
Enjoy the mess that will come...

Bad1

Post office was slowly sorting itself out under his leadership, mail was actually arriving at post boxes, if you wealthy and you use DHL you wouldn't understand but like most of us have no choice but to make use of the post office, experienced the change in service delivery, although it's not as efficient as many other countries it was some way functioning under his leadership.The majority of government departments fail because the junior staff doesn't want to take instructions from the leader but they rather plan out attacks to oust him in order to take his position, perfect example is eskom and transnet, think about it, in the old days the post office was profitable, mail got delivered on time, and finally when someone was slowly sorting the mess, he got kicked in the back, tell me which government department that is managed by a person of colour is successful, tell me, look at our failing health care system, look at education, look at eskom applying for an increase in tariffs, look at multichoice, look at transnet, the post office might end up a spaza shop if not under right leadership!

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Are we not in this together? Don't tell me you are also leaving.
I'll be here, but not enjoying it while some cadre makes the post office worse again.

The SOE stakeholders (ANC) and their union bedmates, do not want people to be fired or retrenched.

Drifter

Honorary Master
Overseas parcels still take months or never arrive. Been waiting 7 months for one from the UK. Street deliveries of normal mail happens maybe once in 2 weeks, and as for strikes, they were on strike for two weeks a few months ago.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Post office was slowly sorting itself out under his leadership, mail was actually arriving at post boxes, if you wealthy and you use DHL you wouldn't understand but like most of us have no choice but to make use of the post office, experienced the change in service delivery, although it's not as efficient as many other countries it was some way functioning under his leadership.The majority of government departments fail because the junior staff doesn't want to take instructions from the leader but they rather plan out attacks to oust him in order to take his position, perfect example is eskom and transnet, think about it, in the old days the post office was profitable, mail got delivered on time, and finally when someone was slowly sorting the mess, he got kicked in the back, tell me which government department that is managed by a person of colour is successful, tell me, look at our failing health care system, look at education, look at eskom applying for an increase in tariffs, look at multichoice, look at transnet, the post office might end up a spaza shop if not under right leadership!
Yeah, it is not getting any better, shows that I was right about you the first time.

Mariuspay

I thought he tried really hard. But you cant stop these thieving peoples.

eehellfire

Executive Member
To me the post office was stable and actually functional under him. Street delivery started again and mail from overseas took 1 month instead of 3 months if ever to arrive. The lines and slow service inside was still present but at least most letters got to where they should eventually.
Agreed.
I was getting Wish.com parcels in 2 to 3 weeks (compared to 6-12 months a couple of years ago)