SADV Installation Feedback/Progress for Estates/Complexes

gmathews

Hi all

So my complex is just by the backbone on the DFA Coverage map, and I want to get this process accelerated.

I'm getting in touch with the board and trustees, but in order to get buy in, I want to know what sort of pricing to expect?

Anyone here using SADV, with DFA, please assist me with this :)

So uncapped options:

10, 20, 50, 100 mb Pricing

Capped options:

For each speed option, what are the caps provided with pricing?

I know they will need to do a feasibility study and give us pricing, but I just want to give the board/trustees a "ballpark" figure based on what SADV charges so long.

Thanks!

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
SADV in partnership with DFA installed our fibre. I've been happy with it. Initially SADV themselves were my ISP, but I moved to Cool Ideas as soon as I could.

Cool ideas charges me R599 for 10MB and R799 for 20MB. Check their website for more prices.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Hi all

So my complex is just by the backbone on the DFA Coverage map, and I want to get this process accelerated.

I'm getting in touch with the board and trustees, but in order to get buy in, I want to know what sort of pricing to expect?

So uncapped options:

Capped options:

I know they will need to do a feasibility study and give us pricing, but I just want to give the board/trustees a "ballpark" figure based on what SADV charges so long.

Thanks!

PM me your contact details. I'm your sadv guy.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Hi all

So uncapped options:

Capped options:

Thanks!
Capture.PNG

It's on their site at <estatename>.sadv.co.za

But i signed up for the mandatory 3 months and then switched over to Cool Ideas...

gmathews

Thanks for the advice all.

SADV have sent a proposal, and I have managed to get buy in from the trustees as well. We're just waiting for the final signatures, then we will get SADV to do the survey and building plan.

Does Crystalweb do SADV as well? I'm just looking at this thread, and it seems that there are other competitors who are quite aggresively priced with it comes to 100Mb/s uncapped options. https://mybroadband.co.za/news/fibr...fibre-to-the-home-prices-in-south-africa.html

Also, I see Cool Ideas has a price for DFA (which is much cheaper than SADV), as well as a price for SADV. Since SADV is doing the last mile for DFA, I'm assuming I can't use their DFA prices right?

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
I don't think so, no.

We had the same thing - SADV installed fibre in partnership with DFA. When I signed up with Cool Ideas, I had to select SADV. Basically you select your complex and based on that they know your provider. Or something like that.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
I don't think so, no.

We had the same thing - SADV installed fibre in partnership with DFA. When I signed up with Cool Ideas, I had to select SADV. Basically you select your complex and based on that they know your provider. Or something like that.

Pretty much that.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Thanks for the advice all.

SADV have sent a proposal, and I have managed to get buy in from the trustees as well. We're just waiting for the final signatures, then we will get SADV to do the survey and building plan.

Does Crystalweb do SADV as well? I'm just looking at this thread, and it seems that there are other competitors who are quite aggresively priced with it comes to 100Mb/s uncapped options. https://mybroadband.co.za/news/fibr...fibre-to-the-home-prices-in-south-africa.html

Also, I see Cool Ideas has a price for DFA (which is much cheaper than SADV), as well as a price for SADV. Since SADV is doing the last mile for DFA, I'm assuming I can't use their DFA prices right?

Crystal Web are not on our network yet.

gmathews

Thanks for the responses. Since I was also looking for a general timeline from scratch to going online, I am going to do one here, for the knowledge of others looking for the same information. This is specific for SADV doing our last mile installation in Rustenburg, at a security village with ~ 70 free standing homes.

June 7th - Contacted pinball wizard from SADV after noticing potential DFA coverage, details from this thread.
June 7th- Received Proposal from SADV, to be signed by Trustees of Estate.
June 8th - Initiated discussion with Trustees of Estate, with motivation for fibre.
June 14th - Trustees in agreement, signed proposal. Sent off to SADV.
June 30th - SADV Conducted low-level survey of the estate.

Now: Waiting for designs from SADV.

I'll update feedback on how long each major milestone takes.

Thanks.

Last edited:

bloo

Thanks for the responses. Since I was also looking for a general timeline from scratch to going online, I am going to do one here, for the knowledge of others looking for the same information. This is specific for SADV doing our last mile installation in Rustenburg, at Tuscany Village.

June 7th - Contacted pinball wizard from SADV after noticing potential DFA coverage, details from this thread.
June 8th - Initiated discussion with Trustees of Estate, with motivation for fibre.

Now: Waiting for designs from SADV.

I'll update feedback on how long each major milestone takes.

Thanks.

No update yet?

gmathews

No update yet?

I've sent them 3 emails since last week. Called their office looking for Gordon and left him messages as well. These okes don't know how to communicate in my experience thus far. Seems like you need to keep escalating up levels to get any replies. Going to have to do it, once again.

gmathews

Update on 11 August 2017:

August 14th - Meeting planned with Trustees for installation discussion. Feasibility study completed from SADV side.

Last edited: