Salary deductions and absenteeism

herbertk

Expert Member
So my first step would be to look for other work regardless... and resign 24 hours since you are not getting paid anyway...

Another option go and remove the parts and give them back... if the process does not work not your problem.

Brewmaster

"That guy"
Name and Same the company!

It's your duty
I wouldn't advise him to name and shame while still employed by them, he could get charged for bringing the company into disrepute, which means more problems.

Even after he leaves, his bosses sound dickish enough to pursue civil claims for slander, defamation etc. Not saying they'd win, but again, more problems.

Thor

Honorary Master
I wouldn't advise him to name and shame while still employed by them, he could get charged for bringing the company into disrepute, which means more problems.

Even after he leaves, his bosses sound dickish enough to pursue civil claims for slander, defamation etc. Not saying they'd win, but again, more problems.
True, I am sorry was a bit of a unregulated comment that I made there.

But if all is true then fck me side ways I don't want this company stepping on more backs than it already has.

MickZA

Executive Member
I still don't get the idea behind this and I can't see anyone doing business like this and people accepting employment from such a company. Is there a high rate of theft by staff on these parts or what gives? Please give us the full story, I'm 100% sure there is more to this tbh.
^^ This

... surely failed parts (high value) are returned to stores to control stock usage? Any "funnies" should have been brought to the employees attention well before this situation came about.

Crystal Web

Crystal Web representative
Company Rep
The fact that they deducted this as a staff loan also arouses suspicions about what their motives are. You did not apply, nor sign for a staff loan, and by attributing it to a staff loan they are under no obligation to repay you anything at all after the fact. You have no choice but to challenge this with the department of labour and report them to SARS as well. Laying a case of fraud is one you should consider as a longer term strategy as (based on the info posted) this may meet the criteria.

Last edited:

Pox

Expert Member
Just realised something else, if they are writing the deductions of as staff loans, then that is tax fraud.
Yeah, your boss is a criminal and a douche. I would be looking for work elsewhere asap.

Billy

Expert Member
I have spent a lifetime thinking that Trade Unions were a waste of Oxygen, but I have recently changed my mind with regard to Solidarity.

I have witnessed how Solidarity support their members against the many injustices that some employers heap on their employees.

I would suggest that people working for potentially "Rogue" employers insure themselves against future injustices by joining privately.

There is a class of Employee in today's South Africa that does not have a support base. I think that Solidarity helps provide one.

They are very willing to give advice to members.

yebocan

Honorary Master
It's not as simple as that.

I have proof that all paperwork etc has been communicated to those that need to see it.
HR doesn't really have a clue.

The person working directly with "technician assets" is conveniently on leave until the 7th of March.
The finance director who will sign off on payment made is on leave until mid March.

I just received a copy of my payslip. The deduction is called "Staff Loan"

Just out if interest. The tactic used in December to have these "warehouses" resolved was that everyone was denied December leave. I applied for 7 days leave. Only 3 were granted.
If memory serves me right, you have to be a registered Credit Provider, to be able to provide "staff loans" - btw the whole process that you guys got running, sound totally dodgeville to me...-wonder how SARS would view this.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Another option go and remove the parts and give them back... if the process does not work not your problem.
I wonder what the client would say if he rocks up and says these are my parts, I'm paying for them from my salary (or lack there of).

herbertk

Expert Member
I wonder what the client would say if he rocks up and says these are my parts, I'm paying for them from my salary (or lack there of).
exactly by the reasoning of the company the parts are indeed his.

Pitbull

Verboten
exactly by the reasoning of the company the parts are indeed his.
LOL!!! This ^^

Tell the boss you want your money of you will go and remove the parts YOU PAiD FOR and sell them to cover your salary.

herbertk

Expert Member
LOL!!! This ^^

Tell the boss you want your money of you will go and remove the parts YOU PAiD FOR and sell them to cover your salary.
Yup thats what I would do LOL or the irate (because you took your parts back) customer will convince the boss to make a plan and quick!

Last edited:

TJ99

Honorary Master
Just realised something else, if they are writing the deductions of as staff loans, then that is tax fraud.
Yeah, your boss is a criminal and a douche. I would be looking for work elsewhere asap.
You completely missed post 57? The red flag went up immediately when I saw "staff loans." These guys know they dun goofed and are trying to disguise it as something legal.

I have spent a lifetime thinking that Trade Unions were a waste of Oxygen, but I have recently changed my mind with regard to Solidarity.

I have witnessed how Solidarity support their members against the many injustices that some employers heap on their employees.

I would suggest that people working for potentially "Rogue" employers insure themselves against future injustices by joining privately.

There is a class of Employee in today's South Africa that does not have a support base. I think that Solidarity helps provide one.

They are very willing to give advice to members.
To be fair, Solidarity doesn't burn tyres, embark on 9 month-long strikes or demand ridiculous wage increases either. And I'm pretty sure they don't tolerate their members acting like hooligans and destroying property. Which is more than you can say for most of the unions.

Grep

I think I can call legit on this thread. Where would anyone think of this unless you are dodgy too the max. I am sure all of us when reading this went, what the actual FK! To the OP, dear god man, run as quick as you can!

ld13

Honorary Master
Not a **** would I ever operate like that and the fact that you have done so for four years and only run into issues now is a miracle.
Well, it is the new rule that was instituted last week that expedited the issues to a large degree. That rule, interpreted verbatim, means that the company will come to a standstill on the last few days of the month as I cannot see how any worker would want to risk his salary like that.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Well, it is the new rule that was instituted last week that expedited the issues to a large degree. That rule, interpreted verbatim, means that the company will come to a standstill on the last few days of the month as I cannot see how any worker would want to risk his salary like that.
Wait, are you the OP and signed in with the wrong account or are you referencing a post that I missed?

signates

Executive Member
Wait, are you the OP and signed in with the wrong account or are you referencing a post that I missed?

He's referencing an earlier post. It is a new rule that has been implemented recently.