Samsung ADH

Brentontw

Not sure if this is just general knowledge and I've been completely oblivious to it but I happened to learn about Samsung ADH (Accidental Damage Handling) yesterday by chance. So for anyone who doesn't know if you have Top of the line Samsung phone (I think it's limited to the S5, S6, S6 Edge and Note ranges) you qualify for Samsung ADH. Basically you get two free repairs, if the damage sustained to your phone is a liquid related incident or you have suffered a screen break. They even give you a loan device while yours in being repaired. All you have to do is download the app and register :D

Maybe everyone reading this is rolling their eyes thinking I'm an idiot for not knowing this but hopefully it comes in handy for someone else too :p

rodga

Executive Member
Yep pretty much common knowledge on this forum. Started with the Note 3 by the way.

droidx

Expert Member
It is well known, but still may help people that aren't aware.
Funny enough, I had my first ADH incident (water damage), but don't have proof of purchase.
I'll test it out tomorrow and hopefully I'm covered, did all the registrations as soon as I activated the device.
I don't know how strict they are, but there is a short window period to download the app and register after purchasing.

rodga

Executive Member
Please let us know how it goes. In the beginning they weren't very strict. But if ereader that they will ask for proof of purchase etc when you go in for adh.

battletoad

Expert Member
S4, and I think the S3, qualifies as well. Falls away after two years just so you know.

Also, last I checked, you need to send an sms of your IMEI to some or other samsung number. It may be different these days tho with the app you're referring to.

droidx

Expert Member
Please let us know how it goes. In the beginning they weren't very strict. But if ereader that they will ask for proof of purchase etc when you go in for adh.
By reading this thread it seems that some people were able to claim without proof of purchase. Although there is no timeline by the responders, it seems if you go via the call centre they do not ask for proof of purchase but if you go to the Samsung repair centre, they insist on it.
I have asked for an update in that thread, but will update with my experience here.
It was a quick drop and the phone seems fine, except for the menu button.
It flashes and intermittently (often) engages on screen with no contact, the phone definitely cannot be used that way.

S4, and I think the S3, qualifies as well. Falls away after two years just so you know.

Also, last I checked, you need to send an sms of your IMEI to some or other samsung number. It may be different these days tho with the app you're referring to.
Yeah the initial method was via sms, but shortly after they released the app which served the same purpose.
If I go into my app, it still shows active.
I have a galaxy note 3 by the way.

NorthPole

I did a ADH clamin about 3 months back, via the call centre, no need for the PoP however the lady did say i should have it on hand just incase...

Vaughan

Just be careful about the actual workings of ADH. I got water damage which in term broke the screen and motherboard. It then counts as 2 repairs :( Fine print sucks!

genetic

Honorary Master
Just be careful about the actual workings of ADH. I got water damage which in term broke the screen and motherboard. It then counts as 2 repairs :( Fine print sucks!
Still. it's free.

droidx

Expert Member
So I just logged my claim and the lady indicated that because my ADH expires next month they will most likely request proof of payment.
I told her I do not have it, so if they request it and I cannot provide, they will quote me for the repairs.
I went ahead with it anyway, might as well take a chance.

droidx

Expert Member
Update on my claim. They have repaired my phone and given me a loan phone, without requesting proof of purchase.
I did the claim through the call centre. I was informed that due to my ADH expiring in one month, they will likely request proof of payment before proceeding but they didn't.
It looks like they used both my claims (which they informed that they may do), my screen wasn't affected in the drop but may have been internally damaged due to liquid damage.
I don't mind, the phone looks new and I only had a month left anyway (holds thumbs!).

After the drop I considered upgrading but I will stick with my Note 3 for a while longer.

rodga

Executive Member
Update on my claim. They have repaired my phone and given me a loan phone, without requesting proof of purchase.
I did the claim through the call centre. I was informed that due to my ADH expiring in one month, they will likely request proof of payment before proceeding but they didn't.
It looks like they used both my claims (which they informed that they may do), my screen wasn't affected in the drop but may have been internally damaged due to liquid damage.
I don't mind, the phone looks new and I only had a month left anyway (holds thumbs!).

After the drop I considered upgrading but I will stick with my Note 3 for a while longer.
great