Samsung Galaxy Note 2 confirmed for South Africa

RaptorSA

Executive Member
Note 2 looks awesome. However, when you start working out what devices like this is costing the average person I think I could probably spend that money on a ton of other tech to "fill the gaps" while sticking to something like the S3 (not that it's cheap, however)

The Note 10" tablet does look cool though, but will have to wait and see what Windows 8 (MS Surface, Asus, Samsungs etc.) brings to the table since I'm still not convinced that all these Android and iOS devices won't look like petty toys once I can run a full Windows off a device at blazing speeds.

Last edited:

Toitjie

Expert Member
Note 2 looks awesome. However, when you start working out what devices like this is costing the average person I think I could probably spend that money on a ton of other tech to "fill the gaps" while sticking to something like the S3 (not that it's cheap, however)

The Note 10" tablet does look cool though, but will have to wait and see what Windows 8 (MS Surface, Asus, Samsungs etc.) brings to the table since I'm still not convinced that all these Android and iOS devices won't look like petty toys once I can run a full Windows off a device at blazing speeds.

Somehow, I fully agree with this!

Even though I am an android fanboi!

Penquin

Expert Member
I was waiting on the Note 2, but to be honest I'n not blown away at all by the specs. It's bigger and has lower resolution than the first one. 1280x800 in the article in incorrect, it's 1280x720. I'd rather pick-up a newish second hand Note 1 for a quarter of the price.

Stigmata101

What crap, they have a launch date for the Note 2 in SA, yet there is still no indication as to when the Galaxy Note 10.1 will be here.
Chops

RaptorSA

Executive Member
What crap, they have a launch date for the Note 2 in SA, yet there is still no indication as to when the Galaxy Note 10.1 will be here.
Chops

They probably decided it's better to say YES when they don't know. It's not fun having MyBB members sniping your car on your way to work.

BeVonk!

Executive Member
I'm due for an upgrade and was looking forward to move from Note 1 to Note 2 ... but the Note 2 just doesn't bring enough improvements to warrant a change. I was honestly hopping for more, and I believe there could have been more. Note 1 will now become a "must have" for many with a lower price tag soon.

Beri

Expert Member
Never been a ifan. Or wanted to be a ifan..... Until i picked up the ipad...... Converted.... I am iman....lol

roberth

I do not understand the appeal of this thing. Too big for a phone, too small for a tab!?! :confused:

cozinsky

Expert Member
I do not understand the appeal of this thing. Too big for a phone, too small for a tab!?! :confused:

It is one of Samsung's best selling devices. So obviously there is a market for it. I was also skeptical in the beginning but after playing on one, I can see the value of it. The big screen is awesome for browsing the internet, playing movies etc. And it is not as uncomfortable as one might think. One of my colleagues even uses a Samsung 7" tablet as her primary phone!

BeVonk!

Executive Member
You have to use one to appreciate it. Pictures and shop dummies don't work.

BeVonk!

Executive Member
As mobile net-of-things interfaces (what all these thing really are becoming) screen size will matter more and more. Mobile/cell phones is an outdated term. We are fast moving away from these devices being phones. They are our interface with the global net-of-everything. Mind shifts are required to appreciate what Samsung is doing here.

BeVonk!

Executive Member
Not too far in the future a person will be able to sit in Church on a Sunday morning and watch the chicken bake in the oven and adjust the temp of the oven using what most still call a cell phone. The dishwasher will tell someone else in that sermon when it is done whilst the fridge will tell someone else the milk is finished ... get some on your way back from Church.

Samsung is well positioned to make this happen. The likes of Apple knows this ...

cerebus

Honorary Master
As mobile net-of-things interfaces (what all these thing really are becoming) screen size will matter more and more. Mobile/cell phones is an outdated term. We are fast moving away from these devices being phones. They are our interface with the global net-of-everything. Mind shifts are required to appreciate what Samsung is doing here.

Do you actually talk like this in real life?